..Don't Ya Just Love Old Hand-painted Renderings?

Now things are computer generated by 12 year olds, or computer enhanced. It was great when someone spent the time to hand draw at least one copy.

If Mr. Norwell is hanging around, perhaps he could share some of his collection.

I spent a couple of years as a marker renderer way back in the day. Not as easy as the real artists make it look. Amazing stuff.

I use to work with some of these fine craftsmen..they are well into there 80's or have passed on.
I have a collection of this fine art.I truly treasure it.
There were studios in Toronto/Detroit and NYC that traded artists all the time....
this system died in the mid 70's and early 80's.....
Photography took over...... not computers.
Bean counters took the reigns from the car guys of GM/Ford and Mopar.....

here are a few samples........

7-2.jpg

9-2.jpg

4-4.jpg

1-8.jpg

Buying a new car was an anticipated deal every year.Excitement grew as the new line up was unveiled and the best way was to illustrate it.
It still is..... it leads to fantasy.... stokes the imagination.

Today, its ALL about the bottom line....your dollar.
And all we are left to look at is a glossy photoshopped cheap shitty brochure.

it sucks.

I have in my possession and is in immaculate shape, a 1950 Studebaker new car brochure. All real nice drawings, like the ones above.

....I also go nuts over the 'artistic license' that the illustrators used to distort the proportions of the car for marketing purposes. For example, the Ponchos above looks like they got a 5" section job.....