dodge dart

Nitro Hunter

Supporting Member
Anybody have a 67 to early 70s dodge dart? My 70 has aftermarket Quarters installed years ago and they are terrible.What i need is a body line measurment to see if things are correct,specifically the top body line on the rear of the quarter,If you could position/ hang a measuring tape off the top of the quarter and measure to the break of the top body line that would be great.
Thanks Fellas.

My son has a 70 2 door hardtop which is a very nice original survivor. I could ask him to check for you.

Oooops. Seems my sons car is a 69 which has a different quarter panel. He is somewhat of a Mopar guru and according to him 67,68 and 69 were the same 70 was different. Sorry to have let you down. He does have a 70 but it's a Duster.
My apologies.

although the 70 panel is different the top body line is the same.Difference is in the bumper and trunk treatment,So the measurement from his 69 would be ok to use.

I always thought duster and dart were the same body shell.

Keith, the Dart swingers kept the "dart" body style right into the 80's. In 1970 though the Dart Sport, and Dart Demond (that only ran to 72) shared the same body style as the duster, however the tail light panels, grill, and front fenders were different.

although the 70 panel is different the top body line is the same.Difference is in the bumper and trunk treatment,So the measurement from his 69 would be ok to use.

Hope this is what you need. Over the wheel they are about 1 1/2 inches apart, a few inches back they are 1 1/4 and curl down to 1/2". Kevin suggests you contact him at struttsonwebb@gmail.com if you need anything further.
Cheers
Fopar

Right on,thanks Fopar and son Kevin.Also the duster and demons were built on a shorter wheel base,They are 108 and darts are 111 inch w/b.So drive shafts are also different .67-69 valiants also 108 w/b.

Right on,thanks Fopar and son Kevin.Also the duster and demons were built on a shorter wheel base,They are 108 and darts are 111 inch w/b.So drive shafts are also different .67-69 valiants also 108 w/b.

Really I never knew that. I Used to have a 72 demon, 318, bench, all numbers matching 39,000 original kms, was smacked in the front end though. Might be up for sale again soon.