Cruising the Spirit 2011

mr57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcj1gdFcOtw

Great show again this year. My wife threw this video together of some of the cars. Some of the highlights were the three tone Meteor glasstop, the 59 retractable, the GSX and the turquoise 55 Ford two door post, but all were real nice. Not sure if it made it onto the video or not but the Competitor's Choice was a real nice Impala SS fastback painted in a lavender-silver. Looked like that 64 Olds color Iris Mist. My truck was the 57 at the start of the video. The purple Javelin belongs to one of our club members and the white Camaro with the mural on the hood is Terry's (Restorex on here).

That is a great presentation with cool music to dance to and some fine rides, please thank your wife for that.

Thank your wife for posting that great vid. Nice 57 pick up to nice to see what people drive so we can put a name to the car/pick .looks like a good show.

....Great video there mr.57. A thank you goes to your wife. Looks like a good turn out this year. I'm not out and about as much this year due to the dreaded house renovations... :mad: By the way everybody, the great lookin 57 pickup at the start of the video belongs to... mr.57... He's had it a bunch of years.......
Stan. .........

Thanks for posting, great video, great music. The 56 Meteor Crown looks familiar. I think I might have seen it in Prince Albert area quite a few years ago at Arnie Holmes place. Not quite sure if I got the name right.

....You are correct Brendan. Arnie Holmes built that car about 20 years or so ago. I was living in the Prince Albert area at the time. I've known Arnie for many a year. In the 60's & 70's & 80's he was big on rebuilding Crown Victorias and Retractables. As a teenager in the 60's we would check his shop now and then just to drool. Years later we became friends. Friendly excellant guy. He and his son still have a shop just west of PA. I've been away from that area since mid 90's. I still bump into Arnie at shows now and then.
...The Meteor Glass Top Crown... is a one off build. Meteor never made a glass top Crown Victoria. What Arnie did was take a very nice Meteor Hardtop, and a very rusty/abused Ford Glass Top Crown Victoria, and mate them. His workmanship was excellant. A three-tone Meteor Glass Top Crown..... He eventually sold the car, it was in The Pas Manitoba for a while (maybe still is) it was on E-bay a bunch of years back and never made the reserve price. Having owned a couple Crown Victorias many years back, I still have an interest in them. Next time I see Arnie, I'll have to get him to fill in the info since he sold it.......
OK, back to the regular scheduled program....
Stan. ..........

Last edited: