Chevy part number id's

engine id

thanks for the engine id #s ran outside to check my #s only to find my super350 is only a sad 185 horse smog motor from 1979, oh well at least it runs

:Dnot to highjack this post ,these sites are great and have used them before with good luck ,but I have a 4 bold mains motor made in mexico with the number M07133VP.That tells me July 13 in mexico but thats all I can figure out .:confused:

Bob, Are you sure the last 3 didgits/letters are correct? Can ya post up a pic of the suffix code? What is the block code? :)

:Dnot to highjack this post ,these sites are great and have used them before with good luck ,but I have a 4 bold mains motor made in mexico with the number M07133VP.That tells me July 13 in mexico but thats all I can figure out .:confused:
That could be one of those dealership replacement motors,I have a 68 327 motor with the code VO5I55Q the "55Q" comes up with nothing until I talk to a old GM mechanic and he told it would have been a dealership replacement block. That motor of yours might be the same deal.

Thanks guys the block is out for boring and decking right now but I'll have it back next week.The number is correct ,,my guess is a crate motor ,,a cheap crate motor .Made in Mexico stamped all over it .The bearings are 1992?????:confused:

SS72,.... also remember that if that engine came out of a canadian pontiac,.... and those numbers say it did,.... no US publication has dickshit on that line of numbers.... been there!..... i did up a '68 275 horse lg journal crank engine fer the lil' phonebooth with a 'pontiac' block!.........

Made in Mexico

As far as I am aware all the blocks stamped Made in Mexico are Goodwrench 350 service crate replacement motors. Now the interesting part. A few years ago I had a friend race his S10 truck at Import Nights because of a loophole that allowed the motor in because it was cast as a imported block... Have to look over the rules again and see if they have updated.

Chuck