Caspers 2010 Tour Misadventure

TinyTin

To set the scene- [ if you have never approached Golden B.C. from the East] imagine the longest, steepest, crookedest,narrowest hill possible. We had just driven down this hill and were parking the car at Golden A&W when the steering wheel turned freely in my hands and after investigating we find the pitman arm is in two pieces!
We would like to express our sincere thanks to the GREAT Canadian Rodder family and friends that were on the 2010 West tour for thier help and moral support. It was great not having to weather the storm alone.
There are some friends we feel we have to give special thanks to and we hope we have not missed anyone!
Roger and Laura for offering to unload the A&W Charger and hauling Casper on the trailer.
Tom and Leslie from the Calgary Rod Shop for supplying the support trailer and Pat and Joni for driving it. Pat did some shuffling of equipment and Casper fit in it nicely.
Bgbkwndo [Dave] -A quick phone call to Kamloops and Dave started making arrangements to get the repairs done. When we reached Kamloops Dave taxied me around Tues. evening.
krusty [Dana] for quickly coming to my rescue and supplying me with a new 61 year old pitman arm off of his parts car! A quick trip with he and Dave to his house and the part was in my hands before supper.
blackcherrymerc [Lee] for the ride to Kamloops and the use of his cell phone while on route. Some people accused me of setting the stage so I could ride in "Poison Ivy"and some accused me of wanting to save on gas.
Kruzin [Doug and Gert] for driving me around Kamloops Wed. morning and lots of moral support.
PG409 [ Keith and Jeni ] for chauffering my wife, Sue, from Golden to Kamloops and around Kamloops Tues. evening while I was preoccupied getting things arranged.
Ken at Kamloops Kal Tire for excellent and speedy repairs. We were on the road by 10:00 Wed A.M.
Lee and Doug and Gert stayed with us until the repairs were complete and cruised to Langley with us.
Thank you again to everyone and to Frank and Judy for an excellent adventure.
We cruised from Langley to the Okanagan Valley and met up with Doug and Gert in Vernon on Tues the 20th and had a great uneventful trip and are happy to be home and here to tell the story.
Don, Sue and Casper

TinyTim isn't it nice to have people come to your aid to do what ever it takes to get you back on the road when you have only met them.That is one reason when you go on the tour you know you will go again.
Homer

It's good to hear that Casper completed the trip safely. I trust that Susan and yourself had a wonderful adventure.

Bgbkwndo.

Cool story there Don, isn't it a great family we have here, I'm pleased to see it happened somewhere safe so to speak and not on the highway at speed. There sure is a good bunch of folks there, cheers and beers to all of you concerned.

nice to hear your home safe and sound there Don and we all know the comeroderie there is here and every where you go as a rodder eh!!

TinyTin...I've been going through all the rod tours and stories, and just got to yours.

Do you know if the Ken you mention in Kamloops was Ken Wilson by any chance. Fairly heavy set guy nearing 40? Usually got a smile on his face.

Thanks.

keith

Hi keith I'm sorry about taking so long to answer you but this is first time on comp. in almost 3 months. The Ken in Kamloops is Ken Lidstone who is a real rodder that knows what commeRODery is all about. I wish to thank him once more for his help.

Don & Casper

Ken W. is the same. I had a feeling he used to be with Kal Tire, and fairly recently has moved over to Acklands. He's doing up a Chevelle - '67 maybe? - big block aluminum engine. Got his Ford 9" not too long ago. Coming along pretty well.