Can you say chop gone wrong

Jonny37 ,your signature pretty much sums that car up..LOL......I have fixed alot of crappy workmanship,but with out another roof and door tops it's ruined

.....MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!......have mercy on the poor thing -put it out of it's misery and make it a Toyota... (I wouldn't go anywhere near Precision Collision).....

I know the car well. I've seen it a thousand times. Good advertising for Precision Collision, NOT. It's been sitting outside for over 6 years. It's junk. Big time. The only thing that would help that car is a crusher.
This piece of fine workmanship is only about 5 miles from me. Geeeeezzz.:rolleyes:

I don't know the first thing about chopping but it looks like it should now be a convertible

Glad I agree with you guys... man o man I would cut it all off... try to save the windshield frame... cap the doors and make it a convertable... sectioned, lowered with the doors welded shut low enough that you could jump in.... what a POS, like you said... why even have your company name attached to it?

Let see...a body shop selling off what they say is a great deal for somebody to do the rest of the body work...hmmm... can you say instead of "customer ran out of money"...customer probably or should have sued our a$$ess for destroying their vehicle:eek:

Yah think maybe the customer realized that they didn't have have a freakin clue what they were doing..He says the customer didn't have any money?? I think when the customer saw what they done he was was smart enough to cut his loss and run like hell......That is about as bad as any thing I has ever seen...ANd he had the balls ta post it and admit to doing it..:eek::eek:gee what a mess...anyway there is always lots-a-more drs of them .......

You guys are just too fussy. Isn't it the ZR-6 Corvette that has the swoopy "bubbles" on the roof for helmet clearance? I'm sure this guy had the same idea.

This isn't the only victim around. I have seen two different '51 Merc four doors that this happened to. Actually three! One became a convertable and it is still around. The second one , the owner was shopping around for a new roof. And the third is considered a parts car for my buddy who collects Mercs. And it's amazing that they were all '51 four doors. These guys don't realize how much more dificult it is to chop a four door than a tudor. And add in that big back window and it can become over whelming.

Its funny you should mention 4 dr Mercs.... My buddy has a 49 4 dr. that has a chop that is similar to this pontiac....We are currently looking for a roof for it too..

Here is a '51 i did a year ago:

DSC00154.jpg

A lot of fabrication on a four door. This one has a '49 back window.