Calgary World of Wheels March 31 - Apr 2

Not entering but Will be going on Friday afternoon/night. The least crowded until around 6.

Also note, Auto Value has a $18 ticket that take $2 off the adult entrance fee.

I am planning on wandering around there Friday for my first time visit.

Last edited:
Should be a great show this year!
I tried to book a late entry tonight and Bill replied they are full and there are 35 entries in front of me.
Should be worth the 18$ this year for sure. :)

Should be a great show this year!
I tried to book a late entry tonight and Bill replied they are full and there are 35 entries in front of me.
Should be worth the 18$ this year for sure. :)
Thats funny, cause when I saw some pics from the show on Friday night I saw some repeats from the last show they held. I figured if they had to do repeats they must have been light on cars so changed plans for the weekend and enjoyed a little outdoor stuff instead.

Checked out the pics, looks like a very good show. Quite a few there that get my vote.

Thats funny, cause when I saw some pics from the show on Friday night I saw some repeats from the last show they held. I figured if they had to do repeats they must have been light on cars so changed plans for the weekend and enjoyed a little outdoor stuff instead.
It's first come first served and repeats are encourage too, especially if a top winner.
If I remember, the rules state you can only show twice and then must sit out for several years unless the ride got significantly updated.

I attended for the first time and in my opinion I was not impressed. The displays were first rate though, there was no junk. I bet 1/3rd of those displayed see much if any road time, there was plenty of mirrors and polished undersides. They have their place but I want to see driven stuff too. Legends or Legendary had a big display with lots of Broncos. We went Friday and there were more people at IKEA, which was good for me. Apparently Saturday and Sunday are usually more busy. I figured there was a door to go into another hall but that was it.

I wasn't impressed either. I was assuming a large show because of early fill up of cars. It looked like they partitioned the hall in half and only filled it 2/3 of the capacity.
Too much billet and bling for my taste . . Looking forward to the outdoor shows where the cars are driven.

I wasn't impressed either. I was assuming a large show because of early fill up of cars. It looked like they partitioned the hall in half and only filled it 2/3 of the capacity.
Too much billet and bling for my taste . . Looking forward to the outdoor shows where the cars are driven.
I thought it was me and my lack of taste. I too like the stuff with bugs on the windshield,, to me those are trophies!

Something like this?
B2CB097A-0992-421F-B2D1-5975C0977488.jpeg

They Labelled the first couple of rows as "Vintage Alley". The only thing that stood out as suede palace material was Rob's (rboyd73) roadster. It was nothing like the Vintage alley that Spock and the boys put on. That was the only reason I started going back to the show.
I'm sure its a lot of work to try and get the traditional rods together and weed out out the rust rods . Most of the owners are drivers and not trophy hunters . Thats why I like the outdoor stuff .

I would have agree the show seemed very mismatched. I have only gone a few times 5+ years ago but I remember more hot rods. There were a few nice ones (Kevin’s green 29 coupe, the 27 Roadster on the A frame, the cars from Wild rose rod and custom club) but they were placed all over the show not in “Vintage Alley”
It was positive I got to meet a couple of people so I’m glad I did it but I don’t see myself doing the indoor car show again. The show cars are an impressive work of art but it’s like looking at cadged animals at the zoo. Once they finish the show circuit they will be put into collections with minimal street time.
Cool to see but It will probably be 5+ years before I go again
We did get 1st place in the street roadster class (I may have been the only one but I’ll take the win) My boys enjoyed getting into the show before anyone else on the Friday
B1D23C40-3129-4B79-86DC-C96C20647202.jpeg
B1D23C40-3129-4B79-86DC-C96C20647202.jpeg