B.C. Car Registration for a Pre- registered Car

I have a mid 30's car that is running and drivable it was last registered in B.C. in 2002, then sold to a guy in Washington State then after about 3 years it was sold back to a B.C. guy, he had it for 2 years but never registered it in B.C. but drove it on the road in B.C. with a US plate, I wanted to buy it from him , I wanted the car to be registered in B.C. so he had it inspected and it was transferred to my name. I thought all was well then I got a letter from the Motor Vehicle Branch; ICBC a few months later and they said the vehicle inspection was done by a business that was a "fly by night" operation and all of the inspections they did were not valid, my question is : I have the Registration from when it was First registered in B.C. 2002,obviously inspected previously; before being sold to the USA , does this hold any weight in getting the car licensed with a new plate, do I still have to get the car inspected again ? I have done some minor inside upholstry and cleanup, no mechanical or major repairs, can someone tell me will this Vehicle Registration from 2002 get me back to where I can go to an ICBC agent and get a new plate ? thanks guys for your input ... Lamp...

It was my understanding that inports from the us had to be inspected by icbc aproved inspection stations.If i remember right you have a choies of crappy tire or crappy tire. Unless the original inspection was completed by there aproved center and customs papers,taxes,ect delt with they should of never put it in your name.Bottom line they screwed up and are trying to put it off on the inspection station . If you look on line at the icbc site im sure it tells you what is needed to inport a vehicle from the U S . Thought just came to me did buddy even tell them the vehicle was in the US or did he just go by the 2002 BC tag and have it transferd?Unless you know for sure you might want to do some snoping before you say to much. worst case depending what you find you might want to blow it apart to inspect the frame before you open your mouth nothing gained at being a victim twice.

I would check to see if there was still vin history in BC
they may have never deleted it from thier records ..... and if so what is the harm in just getting it "licensed again"

Sometimes you just have to know when to shut up and not give out
any "Unesasary Info":D It makes life easier !!!

It was my understanding that inports from the us had to be inspected by icbc aproved inspection stations.If i remember right you have a choies of crappy tire or crappy tire. Unless the original inspection was completed by there aproved center and customs papers,taxes,ect delt with they should of never put it in your name.Bottom line they screwed up and are trying to put it off on the inspection station . If you look on line at the icbc site im sure it tells you what is needed to inport a vehicle from the U S . Thought just came to me did buddy even tell them the vehicle was in the US or did he just go by the 2002 BC tag and have it transferd?Unless you know for sure you might want to do some snoping before you say to much. worst case depending what you find you might want to blow it apart to inspect the frame before you open your mouth nothing gained at being a victim twice.

Yur stuck with CT if the vehicle is 15 or less years old. Just get a good inspection done by an independant inspector. It has to be inspected if it was registered in another country, doesn't matter how long it was there...

Yur stuck with CT if the vehicle is 15 or less years old. Just get a good inspection done by an independant inspector. It has to be inspected if it was registered in another country, doesn't matter how long it was there...
Hope your right and its just me thinkin of the worst.Guess im just not the trustin type but when you read inports car drives for two years on US tags dosent register in canada.( Im sure customs give you a time frame to do this in) Has inspection done by firm that has licence revoked shortly after.OP says he has old bc registration.Givin the sellers track record above makes one think what else.Just the way im wired ....negitive ned :)