Anybody get to Megaspeed?

Fonzie

Just got back from Megaspeed in Mississauga. They had some pretty nice cars on display from the 1920s up to the present. Most of them were customized but there were plenty of stock cars as well. Plenty of other models on display too (two legged ones :D). I wasn't overly impressed by the import rice rockets but I guess they have to appeal to that crowd too.

Rick from American Restoration made an appearance and was dressed exactly like he does on the show (safety glasses too!). Danny and Keven from Counting Cars were obviously the highlight. I'm guessing at least 200 people in line to see the guy. It reminded me of their appearance at the Brighton show last fall. The line went down one way, around a huge boat, back up the other side and around the bend.

Stopped for a quick bite to eat. 2 slices of pizza and 1 bottle of water: $13.
Never again!.

It was a good way to forget about winter and look forward to warmer days.

I drove from south of Picton, almost 3 hours, but it was worth it. Talked to good friends, met new ones, saw some really nicely constructed cars as well as stockers, walked every square acre, quickly passed some areas that didn't interest me but give them credit and thoroughly got my $20 worth.

wuga

Never again!.

Sounds a bit rich, but I guess it all depends on the size of the slices.
If a slice was an 1/8th, or a 1/6th even, then it was a rip off.
The only pizza joint in our little Village charges $4 for a 1/4 of a 16" .. $5 with pop.

We never eat at the International Center, that's why a stop at Zet's is almost mandatory before entering the complex. Stopped for a beer in the back room and found it about half the price of the Air Canada Centre. By the way, stopped at a new pizzeria in town, ordered two large, bill came to $60 take-out, left without the pizza.

wuga

We never eat at the International Center, that's why a stop at Zet's is almost mandatory before entering the complex. Stopped for a beer in the back room and found it about half the price of the Air Canada Centre. By the way, stopped at a new pizzeria in town, ordered two large, bill came to $60 take-out, left without the pizza.

wuga

Where is Zet's located?. Never heard of it.

I don't typically buy anything when at the International Centre. A friend paid my way into the place so I figured I would return the favour by getting lunch. I remember during the car auction that the hotdogs were like $5.00!!. Best to pack a lunch and keep it in the car.

I had to laugh at one guy who parked his Jeep on top of a snowbank in the parking lot. Guess he couldn't find a regular parking spot. :eek:

Overall it's not a bad show and they usually draw in the crowds. It's a good way to forget about winter and think about the cruising days ahead.

Ended up the Jeep group took over that snow bank. Looked like a commercial. Zet;s is located maybe a klick east of the show on the north side. Walk up to the counter, order your breakfast or meal, find a seat and try to finish all the food they gave you for a really great price. Huge place, great food, small prices.

wuga

Never again!.

It was a good way to forget about winter and look forward to warmer days.[/QUOTE]

The Tradex in the Coastal Swap meet is the same way. Really lousy food at high prices and if you want to go elsewhere to eat, you have to pay the parking fee all over again...

Russ

EDITED:

Just got back from Megaspeed in Mississauga.

It was a good way to forget about winter and look forward to warmer days.

Now....that's a more positive note! :D:D

Anybody bother to take a few pics that they can post or share with us snow bound gear heads?

I've never entirely figured out the picture thing either. I tried it a few times before and gave up.

That greenish coloured 32 Ford was really interesting. Did anyone happen to notice the gold manifolds?

That's Cliffs car. The manifolds turned gold from the heat. Definitely a good look.

Jeep on the snow bank at Mega speed.

If you were talking about the burgundy Grand Cherokee up on the snow bank it was mine! When I got back there was a black Liberty up on it as well about 20 feet away.:D