Any car club culture at all in winnipeg?

Hey this is just a general question to anyone in Manitoba or outside MB that knows of any custom car clubs, and are they still around?

Does anyone wanna start one in winnipeg? there is a serious lack of organization in our town.

I believe there's the Riff Raff CC as well as the River City Rat Rods in the Winnipeg area.
You want a bleak car scene...come out to Neepawa! Everything here is muscle car or drag race oriented. :(

On the plus side...we don't have to deal with the WPS and the VIU crap.

No there is no car club culture in that lame province you have to move next door to the great province of Ontario.:D

Don't know about the 'Peg but Calgary has lots of car clubs, from hot rods, kustoms to specific muscle marquees and then other specialty clubs.

Yeah from what i've been seeing recently i'm pretty jealous of what Calgary and Edmonton are doing, and if i'm not mistaken i believe ya'll have a fair weather law...so no fenders needed.

and yes i've heard of the riff raff and the river city rat rods, however one isnt accepting new people cause their too "tight" and the other group i dont think get it, at all.

Yeah from what i've been seeing recently i'm pretty jealous of what Calgary and Edmonton are doing, and if i'm not mistaken i believe ya'll have a fair weather law...so no fenders needed.

and yes i've heard of the riff raff and the river city rat rods, however one isnt accepting new people cause their too "tight" and the other group i dont think get it, at all.

Calgary and Edmonton's traditional scene didn't really start to take off until 4 or 5 years ago, so it may still be coming for Manitoba. We're always a few years behind the styles. :p

Alberta does not have a "fair weather law", but the police there are more or less tolerant of fenderless cars as along as you're not driving like an idiot. I ran a fenderless T-bucket for 7 years and never got hassled. Unfortunately Manitoba isn't quite so forgiving. That's one of the main things I miss about living in Calgary.

The big thing is don't give up. I'm taking my Essex from a late-70's "disco" build back to an early 60's look. I've been into traditional style rods since I was a kid in the 70's...I've always preferred that look. The more of us who are building them, the more of them you'll start seeing at events.

if you need a friend buy a dog.

There is a quote on the wall in my Vet’s office that says “The more I meet people the better I like dogs”.

After 21 years of being in various posts on our local club I’m taking a year off, I’m sure that they could find some kind of thankless work-you-to-the-bone crap job for you to do, how does porta potty chairperson sound (and yes, that’s a real position) ?

2009carshowsmallpic.jpg
[/IMG]

Check out the Manitoba Street Rod Assoc,. Some good people there.

Use to be a member, just got tired of the club scene,

Canuck