Another newbi

EBEAR

Supporting Member
Well I only found out about this place a few days ago but after looking it over and going through a few of the build threads I came to the conclusion that I would like it here . I have a 35 dodge coupe that was bought from the builder by a great friend in the early nineties very shortly after it was built . I was involved with many of the repairs and changes over the years until my friends death 15+ years ago when I did a final paint on it for his widow before she moved to Vancouver Island . Before my friends death his wish to his wife was that if she were to sell the car I would get the first shot . 3 years ago I got the call and spent a minute ( only one ) talking it over with my wife to which her answer was " that's Doug's car you can't let anyone else have it " . So off to the island I flew and drove it home to Manitoba . It's a great little driver ( 80,000 +) miles since it was built . The obligatory for the time 350-350 combo . I am currently 5 + years into a 53 f100 with c4 vette front and rear , 351W roller with a 408 kit and an aod .

Now that is a great intro. Thanks for joining us. You will notice there are lots of prairie folks on here. Nice photo of your coupe and info on your other build. Cheers. Keith

Great to have you ebear. Great story, looking forward to the F100 details .

Thanks everyone .I was going to post a few more pics but this sites a little different than most . My pics are all on my devices and I'm trying to find what a supporting member is .

For $20.00 you become a supporting member. You get photo privileges from your computer and personal messages. This started about six mos ago as Frank the admin had to rebuild the site. We helped out with those costs. Here is a link

Welcome Ebear!!
Those are pretty cars and yours looks cool in that colour. I have a brother in Lethbridge ab. and I'm pretty sure his is a 35 too.
Fred

Thanks . It's always difficult to get the true effect with pictures and this is no exception . It's 15+ year old paint and going to get done before spring but won't be getting the true candy it has on it now . It took close to 11 hours to spray it the last time , sealer ,3 coats silver , 4 coats red dye and 4 coats of clear . The effect in the sun is amazing but virtually impossible to repair so as a daily driver it's getting something more user friendly .

Welcome welcome! My wife's sister lives in Swan River and I know a couple of guys from there. Al "Butch" Martin and Bob Cocks

Ha that's funny . Butch is one of those guys that I've known for 40+ years and if you asked me what his " real " first name was I would be hard pressed to remember . As I promised here are a few pics . I was hoping some might recognize the car as when Doug was alive it did allot of traveling , super run west and Banff were regular stops .
IMG_0508.JPG
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0802.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG

Obviously you have figured out photos already. Good stuff. Nice looking rides !

Welcome to the site! Cool stuff you got going on, sorry for your loss, a cool way to hang with a passed buddy though ;-)
Greg