Almost ready to fire up

This covid thing has changed just about everything in everyone's life. Going out and gathering parts is on hold for the time being which leaves me just fabricating bits and pieces from what we already have laying around the shop. So I've been busy tidying up the fabrication of the body. I hope to finish sealing up the floorboards today and perhaps even welding in the conduits for the wiring which is the next project.

Hopefully I can get out to a machine shop for a new driveshaft shortly which would make the car ready to start up and test run - at least on our long driveway.

I'm hoping things will get back to normal in time for a local rod run or two this summer.

Grampa dan

fRx4jDe.png

JjBIEOw.png

AWESOME. One of the VERY few that can say "built not bought". Congratulations. I would love to see that going down the road.

In BC the regulations state that you can't have controls inside the cab to vary the air bag ride height. With this in mind plus the fact that I don't want to go the expense of compressors and tanks I opted for a simple fill system (individually) so I can get the car to the proper height and simply keep it there. I'm also very short on room to mount a compressor/tank system in the vehicle as the 'trunk' is really small! This may be a tad higher than I run it when it is on the road but the shocks are as their optimum height here. I may just opt to lower the rear fenders an inch or two instead.

-grampa dan

So is this no air control law just for cars?..cousins worked as a truck driver in BC and his controls for the air bags on the trailer were on the dash...few years ago..but might be changed now..

Trucks may well be different. We had a truck pick up a load last week that had those controls in the cab of the truck. But I know cars are not allowed to do it.

It would be easy to circumvent with a car like mine... just put the switches between the seat and gas tank behind a hidden panel... but no worries. I just wanted a simple and low cost setup this go around.

-grampa dan

I finally got a chance to have the new driveshaft fabricated this past week and installed it a few days ago. Now on to the wiring, bleed the brakes and hopefully fire it up in the next while. Life is just so busy these days and this rig has to fit around all of that. :)

-grampa dan