A & W Burgers To Beat MS - Aug 17, 2023

351CFalcon

Supporting Member
Since 2008, A & W partnered with MS Canada and this August will be the 15th anniversary of Burgers to Beat MS.

Celebrate with local A & W's on August 17th, when $2 from every Teen Burger® sold will go to support Canadians living with MS.

Oh, and bring your ride too.

Last edited:
The new A & W here sucks..foods terrible..but I will head to the falls to grab a burger,..👍

Since 2008, A & W partnered with MS Canada and this August will be the 15th anniversary of Burgers to Beat MS.

Celebrate with local A & W's on August 17th, when $2 from every Teen Burger® sold will go to support Canadians living with MS.

Oh, and bring hyour ride too.
Never liked this kind of "promotions". For me, rather than paying $8 (or whatever) for a crappy burger so that $2 can go to a worthy cause, I would rather give the whole $8 to the worthy cause and skip the so called promotion. IF I was going to eat there ANYWAYS then OK but to go specifically to spend $8 to donate $2??, I don't get it.

Never liked this kind of "promotions". For me, rather than paying $8 (or whatever) for a crappy burger so that $2 can go to a worthy cause, I would rather give the whole $8 to the worthy cause and skip the so called promotion. IF I was going to eat there ANYWAYS then OK but to go specifically to spend $8 to donate $2??, I don't get it.
Your choice to participate or not. No one is making you do anything.

Today is the day.

Attachments

• preview.jpeg
    preview.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 23
Your choice to participate or not. No one is making you do anything.
I wasn't aware that anything in my post suggested that anyone was "making" me or anyone else participate. I apologize if I gave that impression, I just posted MY choice and why. Others are free to do as they please. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I wasn't aware that anything in my post suggested that anyone was "making" me or anyone else participate. I apologize if I gave that impression, I just posted MY choice and why. Others are free to do as they please. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Hey, no problemo. That teen burger costs 8 bucks today and it will be 8 bucks tomorrow. It's the franchisee and franchisor that's contributing the $2 form every teen burger bought today. They are giving up their margins.

Hey, no problemo. That teen burger costs 8 bucks today and it will be 8 bucks tomorrow. It's the franchisee and franchisor that's contributing the $2 form every teen burger bought today. They are giving up their margins.
Yes, I understand how it works (and $2 is PART of their margins, they would all close in a month if all they made was $2 per burger). To be clear, there is nothing "wrong" with these kinds of promotions, in fact, they are a good idea. I just don't see the point going there SPECIFICALLY because one wants to donate to the cause when they could just put the whole $8 to the cause. If you plan to eat there anyways, now is the time to do so. Just my opinion, not suggesting anyone follow this opinion or change their own, just sharing mine.

Got mine..brought it home and tossed it out in the back field for the coyote. Trying to get rid of them. Onion rings where good..ate them..coyotes can get there own damn onion rings..

JB. thats animal cruelty, feeding them A&W.
MS is a good cause to give to, I am sure they have a donation box ,give them whatever you comfortable with. have a rootbeer float ,and spare yourself from the food.

JB. thats animal cruelty, feeding them A&W.
MS is a good cause to give to, I am sure they have a donation box ,give them whatever you comfortable with. have a rootbeer float ,and spare yourself from the food.
Most have a donation box too for those who don't want to have a teen burger.

Most have a donation box too for those who don't want to have a teen burger.
A donation box? They didn’t even have any signage about this event. They should have had a box before you order at the drive through. Wonder if all locations participated? Believe me if I would have seen a donation box I would have dropped in a fin and been on my way to Dairy Queen. No matter now..it’s done.

A donation box? They didn’t even have any signage about this event. They should have had a box before you order at the drive through. Wonder if all locations participated? Believe me if I would have seen a donation box I would have dropped in a fin and been on my way to Dairy Queen. No matter now..it’s done.
Some franchisees just don't do a good job of getting behind a fundraiser.