A Quick Update - #10 - August 20, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
As it's almost midnight, I'm going to make it brief (for a change - no follow up jokes please). ;)

In the event you've been wondering what is happening behind the scenes (or not), I am working on what is called the "permission" sub-system in the new software.

I am trying to get everything documented in test mode so that when I do the final migration, I can refer to my documentation to set up things relatively quickly. Each user group (Admin, guests, registered, supporting, etc.) have about 60 settings that have to be either "on" or "off" or have a specific setting. I still intend to publish a permission summary before the migration. This is simply taking a bit longer than I had hoped.

And, in the last week or so, my inbox has been flooded regularly with error messages from THIS software - mostly related to unsuccessful database "calls". I am not impressed.

Until next time..

Thanks for the update Frank and for all your efforts. We are all looking forward to the new setup.

You deserve a STAR on the walk of fame when this is over and done with Frank. Many thanks for your efforts on our behalf.

Thank's guys. I'll try for another update in a day or two with permissions.

Frank, while you are at it and don't seem to have that much to do (he says with his tongue firmly embedded in his cheek), can you make sure that pictures posted don't take the post wider then the screen, Makes it hard to enjoy the full picture and is irritating as hell to have to drag the rest of the thread sideways to read anything.
Thanks
Warren

, can you make sure that pictures posted don't take the post wider then the screen, and is irritating as hell to have to drag the rest of the thread sideways to read anything. Thanks Warren

WHAT HE SAID ! (and the best thing I have ever heard from the center of the universe) ;)

Warren / Ray. Yes, that is a pain when people insert huge "hot linked" images.

I will look into this. Because these images are hosted elsewhere (like Imgur, Photobucket, etc.), this will involve some "programming" changes likely.

If this is possible, I would limit the size to match the max upload width.

I am adding to the thanks, for making this your mission for all of us!
I am noticing more and more sites that say they aren't supporting older Internet Explorer browsers and of course want the newer Edge from Microsoft to be our choice. More security features etc. I assume, but do you see the same for our site here?

John, I've never used Microsoft browsers personally. I'm a fan of Firefox. It's pretty much what I use exclusively. They update it quite frequently.

I also test everything on Google Chrome and the Microsoft browsers and Safari for iOS mobile, Android for tablets.

Don’t know if this is where to post this but I’ve tried several times to post a picture here directly...can’t get the first box to come up so I can click and select from my pictures...just keep on getting a box with the link option..not sure what I’m doing wrong...

As far as I know we can’t post pictures directly yet. Frank is working on it and there is a lot to do.

Just a suggestion too, anyone from the public can come in and read just not reply. Maybe a security issue?

I've been reading for awhile now, but finally remembered my password to log in and reply..lol Gettin old is so much fun!!

Hmmm..I just seen the How go post pictures in the latest resources so I thought we could do it...

Just a suggestion too, anyone from the public can come in and read just not reply. Maybe a security issue?
Installer,
Not a security issue.
I allows potential new members to have a look see at what's going on in here. (y) If they like what they see, they just might join in.

Frank, I noticed in my pecking of the keys to reply to a thread ,a notice appeared that someone has replied before me .
Nice touch.
tvTb4dXl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.