80ta's Model A Build

PG409

Supporting Member
He will fill in the details

T2G3dnWl.png

39XMFchl.png

fKpamfVl.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like painfully slow progress, finally the chassis is nearing completion.

Frame has been Z’d front and back and stretched 2” inches to make room for the ‘66 FE 390. Home cooked crossmember holds up a 70’s C6.

Rear is a 7.6 GM 10 bolt with strange axles and 3.73’s.

The 390 FE: 9.5/1 compression, 268H comp cam, and wears an Edelbrock F380 ( GM 2G carbs ) on top.

Car will be fenderless, or have some manner of bicycle type fenders, and only a hood top.

As this is my first chassis build it’s required a fair bit of head scratching, internet research and a fair bit of help from quite a few people. This is original steel, in hind sight new tubing would have been cleaner, stronger, straighter, and a lot faster to fabricate.

About ready to start on the floor pan, and then the dreaded body work begins.

Great looking chassis. Looking forward to seeing the project as it progresses. :)

I’ll try to get a few pics up soon, I have done a bit of work on the body. A few spots with some serious rot, working through them slowly. The drivers A pillar was pretty bad took a couple try’s to get it to an acceptable state. I’ll be the first to admit I’m not a sheet metal expert by any stretch of the imagination.

Sub rails were gone in the back half of the car, just getting those tacked into place this week.

Wasn’t entirely happy with the way the chop came out so just completing a bit of fine tuning on that.

I’ll try to figure out the picture posting thing over the weekend

I agree, great looking work so far! You've got to be happy with the results :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HaGZCFdDoucsKyqa9

Try as I might I can’t seem to get a pic to post. So hopefully this link will let you have a look at what I’ve been battling with recently. My brother pointed out the tank in the trunk makes it a bit like a Ford Pinto, personally I think its a bit cooler than those little 70’s Ford compacts 8)

Last edited: