75 Bricklin Restomod

JoeC

Supporting Member
Hi All

Will a 75 Bricklin restomod be OK in this group?

Looking for a good place for a build thread

I have had "Pinky" about a month, she was Safety Orange but faded in the sun to this nasty Mary K color

Annoying-the-Neighbors.jpg

Tear down is well underway - as the Friendly Giant said "look up, look way way up and I'll call Rusty"

Amazing amount of rust....

Body-Lift.jpg

Plan (idea) is to get it running as a driver/project, longer term is Tesla power....is this OK here, or are you more traditional rods?

Joe C
Sarnia Ont

Looks great........more please. And, thanks for joining up. I saw the zero mile Bricklin in a museum in New Brunswick a few years back. There are a couple in our area.

Dont know what you did in your life to deserve your fate but
WELCOME!! LOL
Looking forward to your build.
Fred

Joe,
Welcome to the forum from just west of Toronto.

There is a section HERE chock full of build threads. Best place to start. ;)

Welcome to the forum Joe, cool project, you do not see many of those anymore! Tesla power,, interesting. I will be checking in for sure. Good luck with the project!

Welcome aboard Joe. That's an interesting project you've got there, and with Tesla power too! It should be shocking to many! :D

Missed the tesla powered part. Now you have my attention:)
Looking forward to the build.

Welcome in.... now there is oddity for around here; very cool that you got into a project like this. Most interesting for this closet electric car thrust lover! Haha. I do look forward to more details on your project....the good and the learnings!
Cheers.
Greg

Welcome aboard.

We just about like anything on wheels and looking forward to the conversion build.

Electric power...thats the next wave of hot rodding.

Welcome...always thought those cars were just begging to have that big rubber bumper on the front taken off and a nice fine line tube grill put in there. Being a Canadian car is also very cool.good luck with your build..and we like pictures..eh.

Progress (aka destruction?)

I am trying to get down to the steel birdcage (rollbar) to start sandblasting and rust repair

Rear-deck.jpg

It is fun reverse engineering this vehicle, lack of time and money caused some odd decisions....maybe 8 rivets and some blobs of green epoxy was all that held the rear deck on

rear-clip.jpg

I found this project pic and it has me thinking....maybe not Vette but keep the gull wing door frames and build a full tube frame with newer suspension all around...I can't find out what happened with this project, hope it got finished

tube-frame.jpg

The original is a bit heavy and old tech....front is 70s AMC Hornet, with coils on top A arm...how old is that design?

frame-2.jpg

Great photos. Thanks. We have a separate area for builds etc. Suggest post future photos there.