'56 Ford Ranch Wagon Side Trim

Is it like this from a two door car?
h77gfGZ6g81td9sBBJhODlBZ4C_LYK0Zpmo4DBJVp8oqEU_Gmu8o4V_0F_rhkJt8tW7awSY5upDoiS-yD66PwN3vFMTJow1Fu7MkKi5wadIKNBmzGl6TEazTIlKXw6OgUuwoEH1HRqGNJQ

And is the junction piece stamped with the word "Customline"?
P8210005.jpg

I'll try again as we're having multi high wind gusts & power outs. My trim says Ranch Wagon on the piece you show but I'm trying a photo of the car it was off.
side view.jpg

Thanks for the reply Al. I've got a set of the Mainline trim which is similar to yours except that the junction piece is plain (no word on it). What I'm looking for are the full length door pieces and the front fender pieces, and "Customline" would be nice as it's going on my Kustom. So sorry I'm not a taker on this.

No prob, the intent of this site is to join forces & work together as rodders. BTY, that was my initial buy & it now looks like my avatar..red said fred was for younger guys as were the overdone flames.

Last edited:
So a weak and feeble mind with a poor memory asks "one car with two sets of trim" ... hum, and I wonder (but not much) why ?

Only the Henry knows!! Could be 55 vs 56 but there were several different Ford wagon models or maybe some like me put Parklane trim on a Ranch wagon & then there was the "woodie" ala Country Squire.

So a weak and feeble mind with a poor memory asks "one car with two sets of trim" ... hum, and I wonder (but not much) why ?
Quite a while ago I had a wanted ad looking for a full set of Customline trim that runs the full length of the car. Then a friend in Drayton Valley brought me a set of Mainline trim which only covers the back half, so I'm still on the lookout for the front half. I want this for my '48 Chev coupe kustom. I'll explain the significance of this style of trim. Being a bit of a student of car styling and engineering, I like to explore who the people were behind the designs we appreciate so much. One of these designers was Frank Hershey. Frank was lesser known because he worked mostly under well known department managers like Harley Earl, Virgil Exner and George Walker. Frank was responsible for the Silver Streak design of Pontiacs, I believe the sweetheart dips that showed up in Pontiac trim and Cadillac quarters were the work of Harley Earl, Hershey was influenced and when he went to Ford he created the swoopy dipped side trim for the '56 Customline as an answer to the quarter panel dip in the '55 Chevs. So I'd like to have a little bit of Frank Hershey on my car.

I think I might be sorry I asked, ... what I was trying to find out was why al37ford had two sets of chrome but I might have not understood what he was saying ???? o_O

I think I might be sorry I asked, ... what I was trying to find out was why al37ford had two sets of chrome but I might have not understood what he was saying ???? o_O
No, I just like the look of the Parklane/Victoria/Fairlane trim better than the norm.