49 Huddy tail lights

hemiEssex

Installed one of my newly aquired 49 Hudson tail lights in the Essex. I had to shape the bezels to fit the car. It turned out real nice. Now to get the other side in the same place. Hudson parts on a Hudson. What do you guys think
49huddy.jpg

hemi that car kind of has the same look as my nash! im not up on this stuff but are these car some kinda cousins?:confused::confused::confused:

That looks good, nice to see a classic style on a car like that. Are they a repro item or have you restored some old ones.

Lokks, good, John

...wow!!! ...looks like the smothers brothers are on a roll!!....good on ya guys! ...sounds like a fun summer with all the new rides hittin the streets....hope I get a chance to go cruizin with ya!!:D

You would not believe how hard these are to find.

These tail lights are not reproduced at all, they are 49-50 Hudson Pacemaker and super only. Ruby red glass lenses and left and right specific, I saw a pic of some on another rod and had to have them. Hudson coneheads just hate to sell them to a hot rodder and I had a hard time to find them. Ebay was really the only source. This was the 4th or 5th set that I bid on on ebay and finally got them. Not cheap, but well worth it for the effect on a not very common hot rod. I am gonna use them as brake, signal lights and wire the cowl lights for front signal lights and use a set of king bee headlights on a custom made headlight bar. Yes Mr. Haney, the nash and hudson essex are sorta like kissin cousins, some of the same designers worked on both cars, yours will have dual front cowl vents probably? Essex put them on in 1930 and they look very similar in most respects, slightly larger car than a ford, pretty good leg and head room all things considered, except aerodynamics like a load of bricks. Just put in a bigger motor. Stay tuned, once the Plymouth is in paint the Essex is next and should be back on the frame and running.
cheers
Steve

Right between the friggin' eyes..... that's where they hit me. Stevie, you couldn't have picked a better set of tail lights for your car.

You could become a trend setter with those lights. Very nice, bet you have a lot of people rethinking their tail-light choice.

Those are a cool and unique lookin' taillight!!Kudos fer thinkin' outside the box,Steve!

...there's nothing like originality and not compromising along the way....very cool tail's
bgbdlinc