34 Ford .............thoughts ? deal no deal ?

shane2290

Supporting Member
Is glass tho ----You know the saying --" if it aint steel it aint real !! "

1934 Ford 5 window coupe,old school Hot Rod, Downs Glass Body,strong 350, with 350 turbo with kit, , 342 gears, nine inch rear end, power windows, tilt steering, brakes and steering are standard, car shows and runs excellent, please if interested ,no text, call Ron **********

IMG_20220720_083107011.jpgIMG_20220720_083054745.jpgIMG_20220720_083120712.jpgIMG_20220720_083111911.jpgIMG_20220720_083131145.jpg

Still a nice little run around . What are they asking for it and is there any more info - pics ?

$29K CAN ---I couldnt copy and paste or download so took pics from phone and attached above

Cheers

it’s a good looking car..29k is a lot of scratch…I’m a bit of a car snob…needs to be real steel..just my 2 cents.

I dunno, A glass hot rod for the first purchase isnt that terrible. I would offer a lower price and if the owner will let it go I think it will be a great start into the hot rod life for your son. I am a steel body guy, but its basically unreachable for the guy with limited funds. Cruise in the glass one for a couple yrs, meet some people ,sell it and buy steel if you wish. 95 % of people dont know the difference , It will turn heads ! Enjoy Life :giggle:

Last edited:
29 Cdn doesn’t sound out of line, fairly affordable for that style of hot rod depending on the parts involved and quality of assembly.

1st hot rod? Everyone should be so lucky!! He can always part ways down the road & move on. I'd do it.

I dunno, A glass hot rod for the first purchase isnt that terrible. I would offer a lower price and if the owner will let it go I think it will be a great start into the hot rod life for your son. I am a steel body guy, but its basically unreachable for the guy with limited funds. Cruise in the glass one for a couple yrs, meet some people ,sell it and buy steel if you wish. 95 % of people dont know the difference , It will turn heads ! Enjoy Life :giggle:
can't say anymore than this. good advice.

Last edited:
Ok..looks like I’m on the wrong side of the opinion vote… baa humbug… but good on him for having 29k in the bank at 21 years old…

Ok..looks like I’m on the wrong side of the opinion vote… baa humbug… but good on him for having 29k in the bank at 21 years old…
That's ok, I want to vote the same way. But I'm too cheap to afford that kind of steel, so if I ever wanted a coupe like that it'll have to be 'glass.
It's better to be driving a 'glass hot rod than no hot rod at all!

The truck in my avatar has 'glass rear fenders. For a brief moment of "WTF am I thinking" I thought of getting some steel fenders to replace the 'glass ones. What a waste of money that would be. I think what prompted this thought was at a car show when some old douche bag walked up to my truck, rapped his knuckles on the rear fender , gave us (I was standing there with a couple friends) a look of disgust and said "fibreglass" and walked away. He walked away immediately so I did not have a chance to respond to him directly but I said, "Oh yeah???, where is YOUR Model A?" and laughed. The thought of changing out the fenders was stupid IMO, They do not LOOK any different and even if they did (some 'glass parts don't look like the original if you know what to look for), and I do not own my cars to impress others, only to please myself. It is why I do not put anything in car shows any more, too many people think that I should care what THEY think. I don't. When I am dead and gone will it have mattered if my car was steel or 'glass??. Nope. Like others have stated, a 'glass hot rod is MUCH better than no hotrod and I doubt that you would tell the difference when you are driving it and driving it is all that matters (to me). I have had guys "discreetly" feel the front fenders for the bead to confirm that they are steel. Pretty lame IMO.

My '35 Cabriolet has Wescott rear fenders as one year only '35's are not around. No issues through 10 yrs unlike my '47 PU which had cheaper fenders & stars & cracked after a bit. Oh, yea one issue........Doing my tailights & not getting current flow........feeble minded grounding on glass!!!!! Check others who have used that glass body & see how they hold up.

Appreciate all the input ---My T coupe has glass fenders as well steel body , aprons and boards but I dont care either . Cody cut a deal last night on the 34 and we go get it this weekend at some point. 34 is actually built well willth couple minor blemishes but is not a trailer queen and price reflected that couple chips and such but overall a good buy for the money. The fella who owns the 34 was very helpful and lenient on Cody with the purchase of his first hot rod, normally we would have built one but shop is full and so is the timeline. So told him he needs to sign up to Canadian Rodder and check in every once inawhile to help keep hobby alive for years to come. Updates to follow as it is NOT in the shop yet. Sunday was pick up day but weather is to be rain and t-storms so will see if we can bump up for tomorrow ---fingers crossed all works out as I dont think Jr slept a wink last night. hahahaha

Cheers Shane

Congrats on the purchase of his 'first' hot rod. Will watch for postings on progress and enjoyment. I very much agree with 'licensed to kill', a glass rod is much better than no rod! This is a very individual sport/hobby that allows anyone to do anything. Most people appreciate that rather than find fault.

Nothing wrong with a glass car, I've had a ton of fun with mine no regrets you get the odd genius that will pick it apart usually I just ask them where their car is or tell their car must be really special and that almost always shuts them down, real car guys shouldn't care its your car not theirs. Enjoy it.

sooooooooooo we got the car home sat aft ........is decent rod --had to do some minor repairs but couldn't smack the smile off his face !

here is a pic of him helping with the T maybe 10 yrs ago ( more like goofing about in his pajamas)
IMG_20220724_163839045.jpg

Then is his own hot rod !

IMG_20220724_163928733.jpg

Cool Stuff !

Now dealing with getting it on the road ---------everybody has to get their pound of flesh outta him---brutal ---Gov the worst !!

That part of the hobby sucks !