2011 Collector Car Appreciation Day - Manitoba

ledzled

In conjunction with SEMA and other areas of the country, Manitoba held its first ever Collector Car Appreciation Day in the shadow of the Golden Boy, on the front steps of the Manitoba Legislature Friday July 8th. This.. thanks to the hard work of MAAC (Manitoba Association of Auto Clubs). Chairman Bob Chubala brought it all together. July was officially proclaimed Collector Car Awareness Month in Manitoba thanks to Gord Forman of MAAC and NAACC. Officials gathered on the stage at Memorial Park to pay tribute to the hard work car club members do on behalf of their charities, and communities within Manitoba. They also recognized the economic impact of our hobby in the province, and both representatives from Manitoba Public Insurance and the Winnipeg Police Service were on hand to say a few words..and express their desire to help our hobby grow and prosper. This was the culmination of years of work especially by Bob.. to move forward in a postive manner, rather than being confrontational. It is paying off. 500 to 600 cars gathered for the afternoon-evening event which was incredible considering the evening was the first home game of the season for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (who beat Toronto)..and of course a Friday evening heading into the weekend. Could not find my camera, but my pal Dan was kind enough to send me his photos of the event for posting. Oh yes.. an important element. Many of the car clubs had their select charities set up booths on the grounds to talk about what they do and how car clubs help them throughout the year. We were entertained by Steve Elliott of Chilliwack.. who does a great Elvis..and sounds a lot like Roy Orbison. Nice touch.

As Bob worked to express... MAAC does not do car shows. That is left to the clubs. This was a lobby effort on behalf of our hobby to pro-actively talk about what we do, and the impact we have.

leg-4.jpg

More at:

http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/ledzled/Collector Car Day July 8 2011/

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic's, a nice place to have a run and I hope the powers to be will listen up to you guys.

well it looks like i missed a good show, again! can't wait to get mine out and about, then pulled over, then ticketed.

At least they didn't have the viu out that night.
It did look like a good turnout, and the location was picturesque! I had to work all day so I couldn't make it in.

Ditto what Al just said!! Nice to see some stuff that wasn't around when we left there. That sure is a nice venue for a park n Sit!!!!