1957 Custom

Back in 1967 I bought a 57 Ford custom 300,it was royal bllue and had a406 in it. It was fashioned after the gassers of yhe day,no front bumper 7 inch cheater slicks,3 piece fiberglass front end and home made fender well headers.I never to it to the track but it was very quick on the street
Image (6)57 ford.jpg

Back in 67 that would have been a pretty fast car. At least as quick as most of the "new" factory offerings.

Around 30 years ago I had a 57 Ranchero. 302, c-4, it was a nice dependable driver. Have some pics of it somewhere along with my 1970 429 SCJ, 4-speed Ranchero. It's the one I should have kept.

Cool project, I notice you saying that the C6 came off of a Cleveland, did that fit straight onto the FE, just interested there as I have an FE in waiting in the back shed for a Model A project one day. I do like 57's and 58's for that matter as here in Australia they never saw these bodies, we did get them in N.Z. but Australia had its own manufacturing Auto industry and stuck with the same 1955 body right through until 59.

Last edited:
Cool project, I notice you saying that the C6 came off of a Cleveland, did that fit straight onto the FE, just interested there as I have an FE in waiting in the back shed for a Model A project one day. I do like 57's and 58's for that matter as here in Australia they never saw these bodies, we did get them in N.Z. but Australia had its own manufacturing Auto industry and stuck with the same 1955 body right through until 59.

The 351 Cleveland uses a small block Ford bellhousing bolt pattern and wont work on a 429-460 engine. The 351M and 400M use the same bolt pattern as the 429-460 engine. Ford FE's use their own pattern and wont work on anything but an FE. I think my trans may have come out of a full size Ford or Mercury with a 460.