1955 Buick Special - Hemi powered

Looking good! What stand alone oil cooler did you go with?
I bought one off Amazon. Quality seems good so far. Haven't pressurized it yet but will let you know if I run into any issues.

thanks. I use evil energy for all my hose and an fittings, I noticed you do also, along with your fuel filter. I have pressure tested all my lines an they hold hold 125psi np with no leaks. Less than 1/2 price of the big guys. Big savings with all the hose I need.
Great work on the Buick (y) cheers.

Now the scary part, trying to manage the ECU and setup the tune correctly! I would appreciate anyone providing advice/feedback on this stuff!

sounds like you got it figured. (y)
That Holley system is pretty slick
Im taking the $$ route and dyno tune my coyote. Id rather pay someone who knows what he is doing.

sounds like you got it figured. (y)
That Holley system is pretty slick
Im taking the $$ route and dyno tune my coyote. Id rather pay someone who knows what he is doing.
I am cautiously optimistic that I can figure it out. Spoiler from the last video but I didn't get it to fire, no fuel. I am 90% sure that I didn't wire in the relay correctly that powers the coils and injectors. I think the tune is good and I just messed up the wiring....

I have some bad experiences with my race car with other people working on or tuning my cars. I went through 3 headgaskets in a 2 day tuning session because the tuner didn't believe my knock sensor and wideband were accurate........ My strategy this time is to learn as much as I can so that I can get it running, then learn some more as we go so I can hopefully do it better next time.

What ever became of the whippet turbo project? I remember it from that other forum years ago.

What ever became of the whippet turbo project? I remember it from that other forum years ago.
It is 95% road ready. I was trying to get a Megasquirt stand alone ECU working on it and ended up frying the ECU and some sensors, I got pissed off and left it in a corner of my shop for the last 4 years. I think if the Holley system I am using on the Buick works out well I may get that ECU system to work for the Whippet as well.

Love the shop tour. I'm having a hard time believing that it is 60' long. Are you sure you didn't mean 60 meters??. My shop is 40'X60" and looks like a garden shed compared to that. It's coming along great and looks awesome. Sucks about the price of lumber. Thanks for sharing.

Love the shop tour. I'm having a hard time believing that it is 60' long. Are you sure you didn't mean 60 meters??. My shop is 40'X60" and looks like a garden shed compared to that. It's coming along great and looks awesome. Sucks about the price of lumber. Thanks for sharing.
It is crazy how fast you can run out of space. I always have the backup plan of using a few 4 post lifts to increase the vehicle storage abilities. I am very ready to be done drywalling and working on the shop, I would rather be tinkering on the cars. Having two vehicles so close to road worthy is making me very antsy to get them going.

The Buick is so close to starting! Final few wrinkles being worked out. Every fluid went in, every fluid leaked, every leak was fixed.

It has taken a long long time but it finally started. I thought it was a timing issue so I tried adjusting it with no luck. I had tried the injectors it came with, a spare set that I had, a set of refurbished ones I purchased, and then finally a brand new set. Frustrating that I tried so many things to fix it, and it ended up being something simple.

Congrats!!!!
I will share that with my son who is also playing with the same style engine into his ol Ramcharger.
Enjoy!
Greg

Interesting, so what would have been the fix ? You had spark but I wonder if the injectors were not squirting…plugged ? Now I am googling this waste spark on the exhaust/intake stroke.

I am pretty sure it was bad/clogged injectors. They were all clicking/opening when they should but nothing was coming out.