1949 IHC project

Really nice work your doing . Love the old IHC pickups /Grain Trucks . My wife wants one from the farm when I get done the 49 Mercury M68 for my son and the 46 GMC for my self (If I live that long)

Thanks oldmerc for the compliments, very nice trucks and unique in their design. Your wife would love the old IHC's. ....and so would you....as funny as it may sound....my next project that I would like to take on would be 1948-50 ford or merc pickup. love the front ends and grill styles

Holy uckfay Batman, but that is some kinda' nice work. Absolutely gorgeous!

What do you plan on using to produce this 550 to 600 HP? :)

well ....its official....I finally buckled down and bought a better compressor for the garage.......couldnt say no to that price.
60 gallon, 5hp 100% duty motor, 16+cfm @ 90psi, 4 piston pump, all for $999.00

00988569000_zps4baa81b6.jpg

That's almost identical to the one I bought about 17 years ago. Mine is still 60 gal. , 5 horse, 4 cylinder, but it's rated at 18.5 CFM @ 90 PSI.

Great unit for the price! you'll love it! I especially like the extra quick refresh time.:cool::cool:
Looks like you did your homework on the purchase - too many people focus on the hp or tank size while ignoring the most important CFM rating:eek:

Well.......sold the house couple of weeks ago and time to pack.....on the bright side it game me a reason to do the first mock up of the ride with stance and wheels......put the truck semi back together to transport to the new place in 1 1/2 months.....have to pack everything.......:(:( so that means no work on the rod for this summer. But with the truck sime assembled....it looks like my plans and measurements worked out great.

Looking good, hopefully all goes well after the move and if you can find the time you will still get to work on it before summer is over.

Looking good, hopefully all goes well after the move and if you can find the time you will still get to work on it before summer is over.

unfortunately I will not be working on it this summer.....building new house and projected date is mid december.....but after the move.....I will start working on it again.....thanks for the feedback....appreciated and motivating.:D

Hey guys, just to let everyone know I havent forgotten about the site, I have moved in July and everything was packed by May and the new house the garage isnt set up to work on the hotrod thus is why i havent posted any new updates, as soon as I have the garage wired and set up I will resume the work and posts.

Happy Thanks Giving to all Canadian Rodders