1941 Ford Short Door Coupe Project

Now that I have introduced myself it's time to start a build thread. here are a few pics of the 41 loaded up and on the way out of Sask. to Alberta. Since the purchase of this coupe I have purchased another one,the sister to this one because the color on the bodies right now are the same. I don't have any pics of the newly purchased one. It's sitting at the back end of a sea-can with couple of old 27 fords in front. More pictures to follow.

Sorry about the orientation of the pictures.I tried editting the pics on photobucket to no avail I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love your cars......both of em.....really like '41's.

And, welcome to the site........you have jumped right in with photos and dialogue and we do appreciate that.:)

keep posting on your s10 frame swap, have done one on a 48 and do have some build pics:) just wondering why you bought two?

Last edited:
Welcome here CamaroMan, you have a couple of desirable rides there, all the best with the build on the coupe, great cars when done.

Thanks for the welcomes.
30sx I bought the second coupe for a couple reasons. The second coupe is already mounted on a chevy frame,that's what I wanted. The first coupe I bought is all original,even have the original bill of sale and the owners manual. I bought the first one with my Dad to do for him,he always wanted a 40 ford coupe like a buddy of his had growing up in Kimberley B.C. Well couldn't afford a 40 so we got the 41. He has since had a health scare and has been told by docs to take it easy,so he handed the car over to me. I still plan on doing the first 41 for him,leaving it as original as possible,now that I have the second coupe I won't have to do a frame swap on the first one.
My Camaro will be on the road this spring after being worked on for the last 15 yrs. I originally bought the car out of a carport on the north side of Quesnel.

This is why I like `41 Ford coupes. Maybe even more so than `40`s. Don`t know who owns this one parked at the Tradex in Abbotsford, but in my opinion he`s nailed the look :cool:
IMG_0052-1.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

Maybe a little inspiration :)

Cheers, John

Last edited:
I went to pick up our 41 and the trailer I had reserved didn't pan out. So took some more pictures and booked a trailer for the 13th of May. Here are a few,can't wait to get her home.

This is why I like `41 Ford coupes. Maybe even more so than `40`s. Don`t know who owns this one parked at the Tradex in Abbotsford, but in my opinion he`s nailed the look :cool:
IMG_0052-1.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

Maybe a little inspiration :)

Cheers, John

A good friend of mine owns this.

SWEET CAR. I however won't be going to that extreme of a build. More of a low budget build. Just have to decide which car to get for the running gear and interior. Camaro or Mustang.

Ford in a Ford would be cool... BUTTT Chevy stuff is WAY cheaper...depends on your coin collection.:rolleyes: Have fun.

Yes I was thinking the same thing. Ford in a Ford, I however am a Chevy guy, so I'm leaning towards a Camaro for parts,plus the frame in the 41 is a Chevy. I think I just answered my own question. It's going to be a Camaro parts car I need. I'll update as I go along.

Look what we found! And there is two of them,one has the Knox box.

The owner won't know if he wants to sell them until the fall. We get first call to buy,when the time is right.They are both K-3's.

Last edited:
Look what we found! And there is two of them,one has the Knox box.

The owner won't know if he wants to sell them until the fall. We get first call to buy,when the time is right.They are both K-3's.

I had two of them.. lost my storage so had to give them away both really nice bodies too...:( those trucks are built like tractors!

Bash