1932 Ford Roadster Build

Bash and scratch

Supporting Member
This car was made from modified swiss panels along with hand made pannels and modified Funk fenders. original metal work was done by Maurice Cahill, very nice work. It came to me to do a few small mods and smooth it out and fit it all again.

cahill32012.jpg
Streched and sectioned front fenders made to roll under grille shell and over the frame horns

cahill32009.jpg

cahill32007.jpg

cahill32013.jpg
made the fender roll around frame rail at rear of fender so there would be no visable gap

cahill32002.jpg

cahill32004.jpg
similar problem delt with at rear fender because the running board bolted to the bottom of the rail the transition from flat running board to contour of fender it left a gap on both front and rear fender. The doors were also stretched 8".

cahill32005.jpg
front fender where different shape at the front top curve so were reshaped to match.

cahill32006.jpg
The shell width was narrowed and left a gap as well so added a piece to the shell to fill it.

Last edited by a moderator:
cahill32003.jpg
dash and console

cahill32010.jpg
trunk latch, ignition, stereo and window controls in center console

cahill32011.jpg
console contiues up between seats

cahill32001.jpg
rough fit

Last edited:
assembly

Lots of shiny bits. I must add that the chasis was built by Billy Bourbinias an extreme craftsman and all round good guy as well.

CIMG1295.jpg

CIMG1296.jpg

CIMG1297.jpg

CIMG1298.jpg

Last edited:
Finnished product

CIMG1639.jpg

CIMG1640.jpg

I know its not a traditional build but hope you enjoy it anyway!!

I forgot to mention that the frame was built by Billy Bourbinais, I hope thats how you spell it. He now lives in Kelowna? B.C. somewhere in that neck of the woods he is another extreme craftsman like Maurice.

thanks for viewing.........

Bash

Last edited:
Far out, man I sure do admire the work that has gone into that, awsome amount if detail.

Thanks for the pics Bash.

Bash, I'll look at any pictures you post again and again. Craftsmanship.

And for those of you who don't know, the Maurice Cahill that Bash mentioned is a guy who lives in southern Manitoba, has a collision shop where the employees do the crash work and he works on "specialty" projects. He had a car get into the great 8 going for the Ridler in Detroit a few years back.

I will try to say something after I git me jaw back up off the floor...

............Excellent.............right on over to ...........Fantastic...

.....Hugh........

Well I aint into this style of car but I'm into metalwork so I can appreciate this build. Awesome work by Maurice and you, weld done!. And heck it didn't get painted red too, so thats a plus eh:D

-Shiny

metalwork

Just Excellent, I'll be out in the shop throwing rocks at my project.

Not my kind of car, but the craftmanship is top notch. I can appreciate the amount of work that went into that. Pat.

I had the pleasure recently to meet Billy, and got to tour his shop. A good friend of many on this board, Lee Baxter, took me to meet Billy, and I was and am very impressed with his skills.

Bgbkwndo.

Bash, I'll look at any pictures you post again and again. Craftsmanship.

.... don't get any better than that ... pretty fine tin bashin I'd say!!! ...thanks!

... on second thought we all bash Tinn a little from time to time hahahahaha ... nice work too on ure chevy Tinn!! ... has it only been a year since I saw her squirrled away in ure garage??:D

Real nice to see quality work. Even cooler that "famous people" are on this site.....bash that would be U, and plenty others too :D

Last edited: