1927 Ford "T" Coupe Build

Driller

Thought I should try and contribute here is the project I started last November and getting back on for winter. Going to try and post some pictures and try and give a progress report along with pictures as it goes.
Here is the start of the frame with a few pictures. Will try and explain a little better as I learn how to do this.

bth_DSCF1754_zps768c5716.jpg

bth_DSCF1759_zps9792c80e.jpg

bth_DSCF1757_zps863b721c.jpg

bth_DSCF1756_zpsf5fafd58.jpg

bth_DSCF1755_zps03de4604.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see what others are up to, looks like a neat project you have on there, interesting to see how yoy are doing things, Thanks for posting that.

....nice start Driller, looking forward to following pieces. If I could make one suggestion -maybe you could experiment with larger pics so we can see more details....just a thought

nice to see some more projects going on --more pics and details Driller

body ? drivetrain? etc etc etc

Cheers Shane

Thanks Driller for posting the pics...and thanks also to Cword for the P/B link. Which leads me to a question.
Driller, it looks like I spy a widened wheel in the process of being done. Could you let us know how you are doing/did that please. Great job so far!

So what kind of body are you planning to use? (I am building a 26 sedan myself, so I am following your build with a lot of interest) Looking really great so far. One little suggestion, not trying to be critical or anything, an old Italian welder I used to work with that had over 40 years experience, told me that you shouldn't make vertical welds on a frame because that causes stress areas that could crack. He suggested angling the cut as well as putting a fish plate inside the frame tube or outside the frame tube to prevent cracking. I have seen him repair cracked frames on our dump trucks at the steering box because we hung 3000 lb front plows off of the front of the plow truck so you can imagine the stress.

Russ

Ok guys I'll try and do a little more now , most of what I will be posting for a while was done last winter . Cocobolo the wheels turned out great I will explain them when I get to that part of the build . Wrascal you will see on my next pics that I have fish plated all the but joints but thanks for the input . This whole thing is being done on an early 60's style . So any of you that were doing it back then have any pics or suggestions let me have them .

Ok guys I'll try and do a little more now , most of what I will be posting for a while was done last winter . Cocobolo the wheels turned out great I will explain them when I get to that part of the build . Wrascal you will see on my next pics that I have fish plated all the but joints but thanks for the input . This whole thing is being done on an early 60's style . So any of you that were doing it back then have any pics or suggestions let me have them .

Thanks Driller...me and about 100 other guys are looking forward to seeing it all.

Guys if you can make any suggestions on posting these pisc it would help ' I tried 2 times and didn'y have any luck thanks.

It is pretty easy. When you see a box of options on photobucket, chose the IMG by clicking on it. It will then flash copied in yellow. Then when you are typing in a box on the forum to post, hit enter to start a new line, then right click and hit paste.

When viewing your Photobucket picture move the cursor to the right where you will find a URL code, right click on that - the word "copied" flashes on your screen. In the text of your post here at the appropriate spot in your message right click again and in the menu you see there click on the word "paste" and Bob's your uncle.

Ok I tried to post the way you said but as you can see it came out differently but at lest there are pics to see . The project is a 27 t coupe . The frame rails started out as 3/16 plate which we broke at 4 1/4 by 1 3/4 . The front kick up is 4 " and the rear is 14 " the front cross member is 1" higher than stock to lower the front 1' . The front spring is a reverse eyed and mounted on the trailing arms . Front axle is out of a 37 ford car along with the split wish bones . The rear end is a 40 ford . I took it apart and machined the center case to take 53 ford truck axle gears . I then narrowed it 2" and weld in the bearing ends 0ut of the truck housing and cut the spline end of the axle to the lest I could and still get in the axle gears . The rear trailing arms are out of a 35 ford car with both front and rear arms now mounted on tie rod ends . The rear spring is a 38" speedway 2" wide reverse eyed . That's it for now .

Click on the square yellow tab at the top of the message box that looks like a picture of a mountain. It will open a window where you can paste the url link to your picture. The only thing you have to remember is you have to remove the http:// that comes up when you click the tab as your copied link will already have it on it.

Looks like a nice start to your project.