Imgur photo posting

PG409

Supporting Member
62QZvmSl.jpg

G7BlzgRl.jpg

Ray......register for imgur and download your photos. That part is pretty simple. Click on user name top RH corner. Click on images.........Put cursor on 1st photo....you will see a pencil and trash can. Click on pencil....if you want to add a pile of photos.......Click and hold down control button.....click on pencil and keep selecting photos. You will see a green check mark at top RH of photo. Then click on "view images". Select Generate image links. Then click on done. A square appears. Click on link.....go down to BBC code (message boards) and select it. Then click on original image and select large thumbnail.
Then click copy.
Go to the Rodder forum and your new post. Rt click and paste photos. I had to dork around for a bit but seems to work ok

Thanks Kieth.

My camera takes very big pixel pictures (I am to lazy to see if it can be changed) and some sites (this one or photo bucket?) need them down sized.

Would I still need to do that? :confused:

Technology frustrates me some of the time.

Did the cat dry OK?

Ray.............as to photo size...I have not dealt with that issue. I think you should change your camera settings however.

Hi Ray. I just downloaded a 4.5MB photo, with no issues, on IMGUR. Also, I just select "Small Thumbnail", when posting photos to forums and message boards. If someone clicks on the small thumbnail pic, then the original opens from IMGUR.

Last edited:
something has changed on me.... was getting good size pics. now they come out huge! if i do it a 2nd time it works fine...still clicking on large thumbnails as before
:confused:

One more tip....when downloading from your computer, hold down the Ctrl key and choose as many photos as you want. Do the same when choosing photos from Imgur to load to this site. You do not need to resize any photos at any time. You chose the large thumbnail size at the end of the process.

Ray......register for imgur and download your photos. That part is pretty simple. Click on user name top RH corner. Click on images.........Put cursor on 1st photo....you will see a pencil and trash can. Click on pencil....if you want to add a pile of photos.......Click and hold down control button.....click on pencil and keep selecting photos. You will see a green check mark at top RH of photo. Then click on "view images". Select Generate image links. Then click on done. A square appears. Click on link.....go down to BBC code (message boards) and select it. Then click on original image and select large thumbnail.
Then click copy.
Go to the Rodder forum and your new post. Rt click and paste photos. I had to dork around for a bit but seems to work ok

Thanks for this Keith. It would have taken me a long time to find this method for batch posting. Just one note, where you say "click on VIEW IMAGES" it's "VIEW IMAGE INFO" on mine.

When I'm loading photos from my computer to Imgur I use the "Auto Resize" option button and set it to 640 x 480 so that I don't accidentally put huge pictures on here.

I wonder how Imgur funds their site when there are no ads and I'm not paying. I hope their not setting us up for another "kick the bucket".

XvLxvXRl.jpg

Finally got it tho every time I try to go back a page to make sure it takes me way back to the start. Thanks Keith, good info you've shared.

WOW .................great photo !!!:)
Yep, Brian Argyle who many Albertans & ex-Alt's know has migrated from cars to photography tho still a hobby. This one shows mine but I'll find some others he's shot.

Last edited: