1984 Camaro Steering Column - Wiring Color Codes

cheyenne

Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere on the Net, that I can find help in identifying these color coded wires on my '84 Camaro steering column wire harness ??? I have the "Racing Power Company" wiring kit,..and the wires in the kit are colour coded to correspond with GM, except for the " Light Blue " wire shown attached to this connector,...however there are two "dark blue" wires in the kit,..one having a white line running down it stamped " Left Turn Signal ",..the other dark blue wire is marked " Right Turn Signal ". I have surfed the net for hours trying to find a wiring schematic for the '84 Camaro steering column,..to no avail. Is there a book that is available on the GM wiring colour codes for this year ( 1984 ) ??

Last edited:
this should help
pg186.jpg

without checking the color codeing on my 57 is the same or close.There should be a letter on the plug that to identify conection-J-DK blu-front right hand turn. The dark blue/white - front left turn . dark blue front right turn . yellow left rear . green right rear.

Turn_Stop_Hazard.JPG

Last edited:
They are close,..but I don't have a white wire. There is letters on the connector, at each wire outlet,...N = Green M = Yellow L=Purple K= D Brown J = D Blue H = L Blue G = Black F = L Green E = L Brown.

Thank you for the schematic.

Wayne

This may help,

Function

Horn Ground --------------------------G
Turn flasher 12v.---------------------- L
Emergency flasher 12v ----------------K
Left rear turn ------------------------ M
Right rear turn ----------------------- N
Left front turn ----------------------- H
Right front turn --------------------- J
Brake light switch ------------------ P

Brian

Thank You All very much guy's,..I have checked and re-checked the original wires in the connectors against your code letters etc.,.. and everything is right on the money. I also came up with a Auto wiring book, that was printed in 1984,..and it had all of the info in there too which corresponded with your info. I have all of my new wiring installed into the main column connector block, and have started wiring in my guages on the instument panel.

Thanks again, appreciate the info immensly.

Wayne