missing '55 Chevy gasser may be found!

..Keep us posted Keith. Always like to see a happy ending..... ...:)
Stan. .....

I was talking to pat yesterday,former owner,and he thought maybe here in telechuck somewhere.

I seem to remember when Pat Franklin had the car in '74.The first picture of the series was taken at the weekend only drag strip south of Quesnel.I was the announcer and my booth was about 15 ft.off the side of the track[safety first]:D That car coming north was a big deal. These pics are helping me to remember the early '70's !!:confused: Thanks....

What a kool 55 brother.....great history and nice to hear it has possibly been found. I hope you'll post some pictures of this long lost Chevy as it surfaces.

I seem to remember when Pat Franklin had the car in '74.The first picture of the series was taken at the weekend only drag strip south of Quesnel.I was the announcer and my booth was about 15 ft.off the side of the track[safety first]:D That car coming north was a big deal. These pics are helping me to remember the early '70's !!:confused: Thanks....

Yea I remember that as well Colin.That was In Alexandier.I think thats how you spell her.Russ Cook with the cookie monster,Ernie Sanke with his chevelle,Who else colin?Help me and refresh my memory.

Tinnman has talked to the current owner, who wishes to remain anonymous...
He has confirmed it is the same car, so that in itself, is really neat.

We will see where this goes from here.:):):)

No, JOhn, I have no interest in a gasser Chevy, but I just think it is a neat story.................:)

Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get a few 'spy photos' from the current owner. Been lookin at that add on craigslist forever, surprised it hasn't been brought up on here before now.

Scott

Yea I remember that as well Colin.That was In Alexandier.I think thats how you spell her.Russ Cook with the cookie monster,Ernie Sanke with his chevelle,Who else colin?Help me and refresh my memory.

I was there with a 1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 convertible, one of only a handful built, still got a trophy or two from those races;)
Don't remember seeing the 55 Chevy

"Weekend dragstrip south of Quesnel" ??

The only strip i've got for that area is where they ran 1/8th mile beside the baseball park in 1968-9 (maybe) and it's not really south.

Go to Google maps and enter 52.977 , -122.488 in the search box.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

This sounds later , maybe longer and a different spot, any idea where? I see Alexandria south of Quesnel and an airstrip as well as a couple fairly straight roads.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...5504,-122.4543&spn=0.013419,0.027509&t=h&z=15

By the way that CL ad has a great shot of Puyallup.

Last edited:
it was on a unused piece of old hyway at the alexandria natural gas pumping station, narrow straight and tilted, ran my 1972 datsun 1200 there once, lost to somebodies duster can,t figure out why? one car that i always remeber was a purple 57 chevy no front bumper , straight axle jacked up i think it was from p.g.

Very cool car, I had an engine out of a car like this, possibly the same one, but had Micky Thompson alum rods. Is the current owner looking to restore it Keith?
Does anyone else have some old pictures from Quesnel?

Barry ,Tinnman has talked to the current owner. No real plans at moment...

He has had the car over 25 years.