A Little Off The Top---Please (part 2)

Hunter

or is it the never ending saga of the chevy chop---bla bla bla:D

took a whole bunch of time off with lots of excuses but gave myself a kick in the ass and away we go--went to California in Sept and went to the Long Beach Custom Car show--amazing cars--came home to lots of problems with the new welder which are now solved so it's show time--
for those that want to see the great friends that helped wack it go to "A little Off The Top---Please" thread--was a great time --now I am going to try and finish what we started--

this is what we started with

100_1531.jpg

and where we left off

100_9412.jpg

I have welded everything back to the b-posts--rear door tops are tacked on and have quite a lot of problems with the left sail panel---factory misalignment problems which are now coming together--lots of fitting--welding and grinding--left sail panel now welded in---heading for the roof now

Copyof100_2390.jpg

Copyof100_2392.jpg

Copyof100_2754.jpg

panel welded in and ready for finishing

100_2760.jpg

100_2769.jpg

a little wall art

100_2762.jpg

100_2761.jpg

100_2764.jpg

that's all for now--nice to be back in the shop again:D:D

Last edited:
Looking good there Hunter, that will surely look a bloody neat ride when you are finished, 4 doors are great, all the mates can pile in the back etc. Rusty Olds would swoop on the grill like a rat up a rope if he had the chance so just keep an eye on him when we come visiting next time.

...great work Bob, I love chopped more-doors due the mindbobbling complexities of the of cutting and shaping the additional pillars and smoothing the sail panel transition into the trunk area.....can't wait for more updates.....

... I'm excited for ya Mr Hunter!! ... that is one really cool ride you've got going on there .. good to see ure back in the saddle:D

Hi Bob,
Looks like you finally got caught up on the home improvements and can finally get back to the shop. Looking good!

Russ

...I was wondering what happened to this project. Keep us posted... with pictures of course....
Stan. ............

back to welding still---working on left rear door opening--nothing lined up like the right side did so after some slicing I thought what a mess and cut it out and made new pieces--got them welded in tonite and started to finish weld up and over the roof--still have to add onto the drip rail to completely finish the corner but progress is good:D

100_2771.jpg

100_2772.jpg

100_2780.jpg

100_2782.jpg