Photo hosting sites

PG409

Supporting Member
I know there was a thread talking about this about 3 mos ago, I think started by Cody. I am totally fed up with photobucket......is there any site that is simple, does not have 50 pop ups and whose speed is reasonable??

Keith,
What are you using for a browser?

If Chrome, try adding an extension called "Adblock Plus" It works very well and using The bucket is not annoying.

Quick Google search will find it.

Keith, following is a link to a list of photo hosting sites:

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...websites/RK=1/RS=JaP2gyNp9R5vszUpvlhcXQxTxNM-

The more popular ones are photobucket, flickr or fotki.

A few are not mentioned such as Picturetrail or Dropbox.

Google also has their own site too.

I don't have much of a problem with Photobucket anymore since I upped the download & upload speeds.

Don't get many of their pop up ads either.

Last edited:
Photo hosting sites are a major pain in the backside.
Much preferred (at least to me ) is a forum where you can upload pictures directly from your computer to the thread on the board.

Photo hosting sites are a major pain in the backside.
Much preferred (at least to me ) is a forum where you can upload pictures directly from your computer to the thread on the board.

The one very big disadvantage is it eats up huge amounts of server space and that gets very costly to the forum.

Last edited:
I switched over to using postimage.io, it works pretty good so far , photobucket was just being a major pain in the ass , freezing up and screwing up all the time,and taking forever. unfortunately I have a shit load of pictures still on photobucket

I got fed up with Photobucket too and now due to all their crap I can't access over 500 pics stored there. I switched to 'imgur' and it is a pleasure to use. Pure, clean, robust, and easy to use. There is a learning curve -an account, getting used to the format, etc -but that's normal and the picture quality is far superior.....

Ci5brorl.jpg

its because its a image of a coors beer sign, where it says save image. it should say too late, your already out of the closet hahaha

Keith: at the bottom of the 'copy' screen you have the choices of small, medium, or large thumbnails, and others. I find large is good if you're using the copy section for message boards....

THANKS David

Am figuring it out.....way simpler, no ads, no delays...........