Red Deer Breakfasts

CDNflatlander

Supporting Member
Well in my quick calculation, there is a bunch of "local" members here!! Now I am somewhat jealous of the 'groups' that have enough people in their 'hood to have a Saturday Breakfast gathering, and I would like to do something about it.
First off, like many Albertans, my schedule bounces at an alarming rate.....something I'm still getting used to over the last 5+ years....So I'm sure there will be others that would like to go, but feel like they 'can not' commit. THAT IS OK! It is just another space in time for us to participate in, if you can......And just maybe, we too could have drop in visitors from other members and futures.

So I am posting this to see if any of you locals....(or, anyone that would consider sittin down with us)....would like to put this posibility to a test??

This coming weekend I may be still out of town......but after that the schedule is open for break-up???

Restaurants that could sit several at one table AND have good coffee _______________?
I suggest 8:00 am on a Saturday........and you suggest_____________?

I will move this to the events if/when there is any interest. :)

Questions, comments, queries, or concerns????
Greg.

hey buddy,..... excellant idea!!.... it took the BHCF an' tinmann a while ta get ours off the ground but like daddy sez,..."with patience an' perserverance ya can piss a hole thru a rock"!!..... get yer self set with a restaraunt thats got good grub,... atmosphere,... an' room fer a bunch o' funlovin' folks,...... an' stay with it greg,... you guyz will do "just fine"..... this one goes year round,... rain or shine,..... an' even close ta christmas you'll still see a good turnout!..... give 'er bud!.... build it an they will come!!............

.......... an' "DO" let us outtatowners know about it!!.... thats a great part o' the fun!...........

Well, the amount of people who want to go is going to obviously affect where we go, but I would like to suggest Hubies in Westpark. It's a little run down, but it has 50's decor and great coffee, ony downfall is the limited space for seeting.

Would this be a once-a-month thing? That way it gives everyone a chance to free up the time.

FP,.... once a week over here works the best,... we find... 21 guys an' a lil' on last saturday mornin'... (yup the cafe has colorin' books!,... fer all of us!).... lotsa times its off ta someones shop fer a lift or a look....after brekky,..... an' the visitors love checkin' out the local shop scene when they come by.... soooooo,. it'd be nice if yer saturday morns turned inta that kind o' thing.............

I'm in ...great ideA!!...any cool places in Sylvan?:D ... I'm sure theres a few more round where I live that would come too...maybe we can get them hooked up here as well!!

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea. I can't comment on the quality of anyone's coffee as I cannot stand the taste of it. Haven't been to Hubie's in years. Used to live across the ball diamonds from them and always enjoyed going there. What about Phil's as another option? I definitely will not make every week but would come when I can. Scott

It took a little bit of time to get the one in Kamloops off of the ground. We started with just two people (Tiquer and myself) , and just kept inviting people out for our weekly Sunday morning breaky. Now, we have from 8 to 16 people, good food and service, good people, and good chat makes it something you would not want to miss. The ladies tend to socialize at one end of the table and the guys talk cars on the other end.... all welcome:D

Russ

I find the breaky in Prince George a real excelent event. It is just show up and enjoy the commeroderie.....With it being every Saturday at eight in the morning you can be there when you can and anyone going through here know's or can find out where it is and is welcome to be there. It keeps things going through the four seasons.
Hugh...............PTP

well i'd 'pop' in for a brekkie when i was passing through that way for sure
Bob

Might even be passing that way this weekend on my way to Edmonton so maybe not brekkie but i'd be up for lunch maybe

Looks like we should get a Red Deer.....and area Breakie going. I do like the idea of meeting at the same place every Saturday, that way the 'crew' knows where and it will be, and there on Saturday. Done. However; there are many great restraunts and several towns in the area that would be great to visit.....Calgary, Edmonton....or somewhere 1/2 way, to entice the occupants of them towns to venture out a bit :)

But to start, I think I would like to try "Hubies".....and compare the space and grub to "Phils"; However, I will be still in Drumheller this weekend....So Fencepost, if you want to take the bull by the horns, you could start......or I should be ready for April 12.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and responses....hope to see you all soon.
Greg.

way good idea flatlander,make sure ya let me know where its at cuz ya never know where I might show up

Sorry guys, but I'm only 2 good weekends of undistracted work away from having my car in paint :)

Hubies has nothing on Phils for space... but you won't have to wait, or pay as much.
Both are great places, but we may be taking up more then one table at Hubies.

We should have a fall-back plan as well, if for some reason Phils won't work everyone will know where to go.

Hell, when it's nice out we could meet up somewhere on the north end (Silvers parking lot?) and head to Sylvan Lake some times :) Women love cars, and if there is one thing that Sylvan has in the summer is girls :):)

Hi Greg
I would love to join you guys for a breakie but I am in New Delhi, India, right now and won't be back to Calgary until April 22 or there abouts. Keep me posted on any new dates after that and I'll see if I can come up to Red Deer
Ken

See, that is why we need to post these things for the world to see!! Our open and free spirits shall bring Hot Rodders all the way from India!! Now who would believe!!!
Thanks Frank, for this piece of the World Wide Web......:D

I will post a time/place in the events column for the following weekend.
Greg, also out away from his own shop.......
Safe travels Ken!

All this talk of Red Deer Breakie sounds great...... except for one thing.....Red Deer's restaurants pour the crappiest coffee on the planet!! Anytime I've been there for the swap meet they serve this see-through brownish colored flavorless fluid. And even when I ask the waitress-du-jour, in my most pleasant tone, if she could add a few more beans and wait for it to brew, I still great brown tinged warm water.:eek:

What say ye, Red Deerians?