National A & W Cruisin to End MS - TODAY Aug. 21

351CFalcon

Supporting Member
Thursday, August 21st is Cruisin' to END MS Day 2014 at all A & W's across Canada.

For every Teen burger bought that day, $1.00 goes to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

The 2013 Event raised over $1.5 million.

Many 'Dubs will be having their weekly cruise that night too, so don't forget to take your classic, muscle, hot rod or custom ride too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this Brian.

We were very happy to help promote this year's Cruisin' to End MS Day via a CityTV Breakfast Televsion spot. The BT Live Eye is hosted by Jennifer Valentyne. In photo 2, Jennifer discusses this very worthy effort with A&W President and CEO Paul Hollands.
It was held this morning at the Argentia/Winston Churchill A&W in Mississauga Ontario.
We would like to thank our friends Roger and Gail Roberts, Brian Dowson and Tom McFadden for joining us to help with the promotion of this very worthy cause..
Get out and grab a Teen Burger today. For each purchase, a dollar will go to MS.

bt1.jpg

bt2.jpg

bt3.jpg

bt4.jpg

bt5.jpg

bt6.jpg

bt7.jpg

bt8.jpg

bt9.jpg

bt10.jpg

bt11.jpg

Great pics Frank ... love that Caddy.
There was a '52 2dr. HT not far from me for $5G's but the owner now is reluctant to sell now that he's found a 4dr. for parts.

Went for an early teen burger as I planned to "sneak" into the new house to soundproof a few walls before the drywall goes up.

Cold and wettish, so no classics out tonight.

Very cool to see you had the rod out for a good cause there Frank, nice turn up of cars there and happy folks.

I like to donate to MS but have not bought a burger from A&W since they started buying all their beef from USA.

I like to donate to MS but have not bought a burger from A&W since they started buying all their beef from USA.

I don't know where you got that info Bill as they have three ranches where the beef comes from and only one is in the USA:
Spring Creek, Alberta
Meyer Ranch, Montana
Teys, Australia

Not many ranches that don't use hormones or raise them differently so they have to buy wherever they can get it from.

However, you don't need to buy a burger to donate, send them some money:

http://mssociety.ca/en/give/

Maybe a local thing. I listened to an interview with I believe an area manager who stated they now buy their beef from USA. Still I made a donation anyway.

Bill, regardless of where it comes from, its a good thing that they have started. I suspect in a few years time, there will be a lot more places following suit, and getting back to the way it was before we started getting loaded up with growth hormones and nasty stuff like that.

Our kids that are younger than 35 or so, at least mine, and all of their friends are going to change the way our food is grown and raised, all for the better I think. Most young people are far more aware of what they put in their mouths than I am, that's for sure. And I think that's a good thing.
I will support A&W solely for that reason alone. Its a good step in the right direction.

Bill, regardless of where it comes from, its a good thing that they have started. I suspect in a few years time, there will be a lot more places following suit, and getting back to the way it was before we started getting loaded up with growth hormones and nasty stuff like that.

Our kids that are younger than 35 or so, at least mine, and all of their friends are going to change the way our food is grown and raised, all for the better I think. Most young people are far more aware of what they put in their mouths than I am, that's for sure. And I think that's a good thing.
I will support A&W solely for that reason alone. Its a good step in the right direction.
Well said!! ...my ride is still in limbo but matters not, it's the awareness you speak of that is encouraging.