What goes first, no, not the chicken or the egg

Martin

As the title says, what goes first, as goes in first.
This is for the 58 suburban of which the interior is, well, none existent.
So I have a steering column to go in. Drivers seat to go in. Brake pedal assembly to go in and accelerator to go in.

I think I just answered my own question.
The completed brake pedal booster bracket assembly is specific for the 55 to 59 truck so that I guess would be the logical start (though unfortunately the specific 55 to 59 unit is still 1 1/2 inches too big for direct fitment).

So once in I imagine (rightly or wrongly) that the seat would be next. The seat is from a 98 Tahoe and will need some kind of bracket for correct height which I guess answers the next one that the seat and column have to be carried out in unison for the perfect fit. Heck, there must be someone here who's done this before, help a fella out and throw some process crumbs my way please.
Thankyamuch much

Mock up a comfortable seating position with the seat you'll use, hang the column setting it where you want, then finish the seat till you're happy with it, Hang the pedals when you want, I usually mock up seating first, then the column, then pedals, that's the only way I can make the car fit me alone.
Don't forget the brm, brm, brm sounds, hang your arm out the window, you'll get it.

i would put the column in first, most of the time there is very little room down by the engine/ frame area and not a lot of wriggle room for it..seats and pedals can be adjusted more

I used a master and booster from an 80s Monte Carlo or similar smaller diameter and bolted in my 59, bigger booster scrubbed to connectors off the tilt column. In my case smaller booster put pedal on left side of column, I put column in stock spot thorough firewall and used stock GM column drop to dash. I used a middle seat out of safari van for more leg room in truck cab, Tahoe would be more comfortable and more room for adjustment in your case.

Well, things on that front got real easy real quick.
I contacted CPP, the maker of the brake booster assy, they sent me photos of the same bracket with a tape measure across to compare measurements. Ended up I just had to pull my dash out a ways and the booster bracket went in fine, my inexperience there.
So I bolted the brake booster bracket to the dash with an I wonder moment. Turns out that the original steering column drop is the same size column fitment for the new tilt column which made it line up centrally under the dials.
Well the next step was easy, getting the centre of the seat lined up with the centre of the column.
Driver and passenger seat are now bolted to the floor with room to tilt forward to get in to the back.
The seats I have are 98 Tahoe tan leather, turns out that a buddy had the third row seat from the same so I have that as well, cool.:D
Just gotta play around fitting them now.