can you i.d. this bumper?

30sx

thinking maybe 40 ford?..it,s got a kink in the middle. should have more curve in it

Last edited:
With the script, I'd say '46 Ford rear bumper. Not sure about the bumperettes, I'd have to check some pics I have.

41 ford deluxe or cheap model. The 41 super deluxe had a different bumper. That is also a rear one. Front didn't have the ford script. Looks like 40, but has the added script for 41.

Pat, so it must be the super deluxe that has the more common bumper with the single horizontal rib across it?

that is a very rare 41 bumper. 42-46 had the circle imprinted around the Ford. Here's what info I dug up on it : quote :

This very unique chrome-plated bumper originally came only on the 1941 Special, an economy class passenger car. It has always been actively
hunted by collectors for use on their 40s. The die-stamped Ford script
is 4" across and 1 1/4 " high heavily stamped into the steel face. You
can fill the script with your body color paint for a nice touch.

........here's pics of my 41 that I sold a couple of years ago :

Last edited:
plans are to use it on my 48 merc causei like the size, still needs to be bent back to shape[/URL

Last edited:
I have 2 bumperettes with an original tag that reads "Complete front end protection Ford V/8 1942 to 1947, upright pair---$7.95" with the following description "Two beautifully chrome plated uprights for the original Ford cross-bar. Move the original uprights to the ends of the bumper. Install these uprights in their place giving complete front grill and fender protection" :D

They are 13 inches high.

that is a very rare 41 bumper. 42-46 had the circle imprinted around the Ford. Here's what info I dug up on it : quote :

This very unique chrome-plated bumper originally came only on the 1941 Special, an economy class passenger car. It has always been actively
hunted by collectors for use on their 40s. The die-stamped Ford script
is 4" across and 1 1/4 " high heavily stamped into the steel face. You
can fill the script with your body color paint for a nice touch.

...Hmmmm... Very rare you say. I just happen to have one in my back 40... that I am willing will to part with........
Stan. ...............

006Custom_zps1c503891.jpg

007Custom_zpsb9d94e2c.jpg

009Custom_zpsff9ef7a3.jpg

Oh oh ... now ya gone and done it ... the price on those ( RARE ) bumpers just jumped big time :D