What Did You Do Today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, wasn't today but tuesday/wednesday spent walking like a penguin & not daring to sneeze!! I'm sure anyone who has had a colonostomy can relate. Nuff said!!

Lol...feel your pain man..we'll I don't really feel your pain butt you know what it mean ...ha ha

Redneck Limo

549348_323544394434621_900084995_n.jpg

Been ' away ' from everything for a few weeks with some issues but back at it now.
Made some brackets to incorporate the tail lights into the hinges,
Building a roll pan to tidy up the back end,used some concrete form tube to roll a shape into the sheet metal.

Last edited:
Well, wasn't today but tuesday/wednesday spent walking like a penguin & not daring to sneeze!! I'm sure anyone who has had a colonostomy can relate. Nuff said!!

know your sitreps had 60 or so over the years that walk is kind of sexy I been told:D

brakes

Noticed break fluid leaking out of the bottom of break drums. Figured seals went bad from lack of use. Bought new wheel cylinders. Put on drivers side then passenger. Was no fluid on backing plates. Turned out to be a loose brake line on back of wheel cylinder. Wasted 2 hours...better than cutting lawn though...

Mustang has been waiting for headers and duals. Want it done before Super Run so headed to our place in Saskatoon. Saws all got rid of the pipes, everything came off with no hassle but the "bolt on" parts aren't that bolt on. The steering ram drop; I had to file the holes oblong, the angle isn't perfect. You would think after thousands of Tri Y headers they would have adequate clearance from starters and bell housings. There will be some tweaking once I get home. The townhouse rules say NO vehicle maintenance allowed so I had to keep quiet :( Not sure if I am towing it tomorrow morning to the muffler shop or bark this puppy up and drive it :D

imagejpg1_zpse2daa6e9.jpg

Just helped ship the last of 6900 Kg of equipment to Brazil. I fly out on Tuesday with the band directors to catch up with it. The band follows 4 days later.
This is all in persuit of a third consecutive world title for the Calgary Stampede Showband.
I sure hope next year has easier goals.

Good luck in Brazil!!! Maybe we can get together after your back for a little run in the A's...have fun!

Run that Puppy!!! :)

Lots of work lately, so little to spend in the shop...had several distractions recently...nothing new followed me home yet.
Greg

Good luck in Brazil mike, hoping they win for a third year.

Took out the HRT today to get gas. Boy, Black Diamond is just a hub of rodding activity, and a small world too.

Brazil Bound

Just helped ship the last of 6900 Kg of equipment to Brazil. I fly out on Tuesday with the band directors to catch up with it. The band follows 4 days later.
This is all in pursuit of a third consecutive world title for the Calgary Stampede Show band.
I sure hope next year has easier goals.

Mike, good luck.
Was there room for the roadster? ;)

Barb and I just got back from 5 days of camping @ the 10th Kempt Shore Acoustic Music Festival.
We were fortunate enough to be invited to stay in one of the sponsors camps, so our camp was right in the heart of acoustic heaven with some world class musicians.
After the last act on the main stage closed the night, the jam sessions at the camps started up and would go till sunrise or when people got tired.
What an absolute blast it was to be singing and playing with the headliners of the show.
Valdy came by on Friday night and sat in on our jam, it lasted till 4:30 am, that was a real treat.
Gary Fjellegaard came by, JP Cormier ( Hometown Battlefield ), Dave Gunning ( NHL song ' A Game Goin On ' ), David Myles, Ask Your Sister, Charlie A'Court, Hupman Bros., Backyard Devils, Doris Mason, and more.

Valdy @ 69 and Gary Fjellegaard @ 77 ... still givin' 'er ....
10557595_10152622730618593_5126415622062028310_o.jpg

Last edited:
My 2 granddaughters were home visiting with their parents last week.
A perfect opportunity to introduce them to the pleasures of motorcycling!!

This is Ashley, who is 16 yrs old

..and Sierra, who is 8 yrs old.
Both girls loved the rides, to the chagrin of their mother!

Having Fun!

Mike, the pictures of the Harley with the side car reminds me of the ones the local police used in Saskatoon when I was a kid.

Yours looks good! (and the girls seem to be enjoying themselves too!)

Mike, the pictures of the Harley with the side car reminds me of the ones the local police used in Saskatoon when I was a kid.

Yours looks good! (and the girls seem to be enjoying themselves too!)

When I was a wee lad I got separated from my parents at the EX and got a ride to the lost and found from a Cop on a Harley Servie Car in Saskatoon. :D

Bash

Dave, We're they Side Hacks and not Servi-Cars ( 3 wheelers ) ?
I don't remember seeing any Side Hacks on Police bikes in Saskatoon .. circa 1960 - 1964.

Last edited:
Barb and I just got back from 5 days of camping @ the 10th Kempt Shore Acoustic Music Festival.
We were fortunate enough to be invited to stay in one of the sponsors camps, so our camp was right in the heart of acoustic heaven with some world class musicians.
After the last act on the main stage closed the night, the jam sessions at the camps started up and would go till sunrise or when people got tired.
What an absolute blast it was to be singing and playing with the headliners of the show.
Valdy came by on Friday night and sat in on our jam, it lasted till 4:30 am, that was a real treat.
Gary Fjellegaard came by, JP Cormier ( Hometown Battlefield ), Dave Gunning ( NHL song ' A Game Goin On ' ), David Myles, Ask Your Sister, Charlie A'Court, Hupman Bros., Backyard Devils, Doris Mason, and more.

Valdy @ 69 and Gary Fjellegaard @ 77 ... still givin' 'er ....
10557595_10152622730618593_5126415622062028310_o.jpg

I was at a concert by these two fine musicians in the 90`s :cool:

This past Friday took a little road trip up to Dawson Creek, BC to finish up a deal that seems to have been cooking for well over a year. Traded off our little white T-Bucket against a nice Green '55 2dr 'BelAir. My wife and Mike (Kustomshoebox) made the trek with me.
The weather to Dawson on Friday was crap, 90km headwind with rain, the 2013 Ecoboost F150 was a champ. The trip home was absolutely gorgeous, even with the 'car' behind us following so close ;-)
A great visit with Warren (49Lowrider), and his parents. I do like the more "laud-back" feeling of BC...thanks you guys, was a great evening!
No wild adventures, or mis-adventures. A good mission was had.

Status
Not open for further replies.