Radium Hot Springs

shaune

Supporting Member
Will be first time to this show, got a long drive ahead of me. Hoping that Calgary keeps the snow turned off and the pass is good.
Convertibles on summer tires don't like snow :D
Anyone else from here planning on being there ?

Nobody I know headed out there. A friend of mine usually goes but this year he said he won't be going. Could also be because he has his 35 in the paint shop at the moment..

Bash

Made it Radium Thursday afternoon late. Lots of road grime to wash off, three days of driving, rain two of these days. Already a few really nice rides in town.

We rolled in about 6pm; a lot of cool rides to look at!! Yes i will post pictures later from my desk computer! Good ride in from Red Deer, we travelled as a group of 6 vehicles, no issues. Came through a couple splatterings of rain and 1 real good down pour...it was fine for us with windows ;-)
See Cherrymerc's Poison Ivy is here in town; chatted on the tele, look forward to meeting up tomorrow, and seeing that car again!
Good dinner, took forever but you would assume that with the huge influx of hungry car people in town.
Rest now,
Cheers
Greg

Lots of cars, people and everywhere you look beautiful scenery !
the rain driving there sucked beautiful weather on the trip home go fiqure (mini - bike problems ! ),but will go back for sure , worth the long drive !

Last edited:
What a horrible car show, horrible cars (800 plus), horrible variety of all kinds of cars, horrible weather, horrible smiles on everyone’s faces,…. just a horrible time! :mad:

……………………………Oh, it sure was a good thing that my free help went to her paying job and I had to work and I couldn't go! ;)

We made the trip from Edmonton with 6 cars --- no problems except had to replace a altenator on a covette (till 11:30 friday night:(). How many Mainstreeters does it take to diagnose and replace an altenator in the dark???):eek: We used 6.

Saw lots of great cars and checked out C-plus but didn't get to meet him (btw saw him passing us as we stopped at a viewpoint and THEN coming back south on Sunday morning). Found a little 52 chebby that I would love have at home in our garage but the keeper of the purse nixed it. --- We just sold the 67 Fairlane and got down to 1 car so adding another probably was not a good choice.

870 cars plus many that didn't register. One thing -- I think they would have had less than 100 cars if the Alberta cars didn't show up. (Good ole Albertie)

Next year we do it all over Horray||

Some pics Radium

Not many pics of Radium this years..
A 52 Chevy I thought I would buy --

IMG_51691.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

An almost real 35 Auburn -- as real as they can get with a Lycoming engine and charger-- not a replica car

a 40 Nash I would like to have

An Impressive Rat Rod. We saw this one at Superrun in Saskatoon. I was impressed with how well engineered and executed this car was. He did a excellent job with all the bullets, bombs and aircraft seats to build a super theme car. BTW he won at Super Run

And our Old Girl

Following the leader home

Thanks for posting a report and pics 4T6.

I am going to have to try and make it there one year.

A friend on his way to Saskatoon stopped and took in the show.

He was very impressed with the quality of the vehicles.

He said the organization was a bit off though.

=1Bad56;204065] He said the organization was a bit off though. /QUOTE]

So Brian, I’m not on the executive or a member of the club, but so that the right people get to be aware and solve any problem O great emperor of knowledge please enlighten the unwashed with your wisdom. ;)

Last edited:
Had to turn around to check out the river and a bridge crossing Evan (my youngest and traveling partner this trip ) wanted to explore ! Was a long drive and I agree if it wasnt for the Alberta plates , they were everywhere ! regardless loved the atmosphere of the town and the event , if you have not been to this , go you will not be disappointed ! BC's beautiful but as they say bring cash !!!! its an expensive weekend

We made the trip from Edmonton with 6 cars --- no problems except had to replace a altenator on a covette (till 11:30 friday night:(). How many Mainstreeters does it take to diagnose and replace an altenator in the dark???):eek: We used 6.

Saw lots of great cars and checked out C-plus but didn't get to meet him (btw saw him passing us as we stopped at a viewpoint and THEN coming back south on Sunday morning). Found a little 52 chebby that I would love have at home in our garage but the keeper of the purse nixed it. --- We just sold the 67 Fairlane and got down to 1 car so adding another probably was not a good choice.

870 cars plus many that didn't register. One thing -- I think they would have had less than 100 cars if the Alberta cars didn't show up. (Good ole Albertie)

Next year we do it all over Horray||

Wow what a show ! I heard 840 registered with a fair bit outside not registered. Great venue, weather was a treat. Crowds around eateries wasn't a problem for us, not sure where everyone went. I saw 4T6's car several times at stops along the road. I travelled with 7 others. Organizing.....didn't see anything that made me go hmmm. I was impressed with the quality of entrants, very little junk.
Best part is.......SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) booked the room for next year already. She had a real good time....happy wife......:D.
Three days there, two days back. $360 for gas, not a drop of other fluid required, 1678 miles added to the clock.

...had a great time at Radium such a cool venue and lots of spectator interaction ... good to see J.J. and the gang from the Red Deer country great visits... impressive collection of rides and a couple that just made your jaw drop ... I might book rooms earlier than the day I arrive like this time .. turned out ok but u know hahaha