Greetings from Toronto!

rda

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin and I'm from your favourite city, Toronto! (just kiddin :) )

Since I saw a 1949 Merc lead sled a few weeks ago, I've been hooked.
My new life goal is to save up and one day get my own.

I have a few questions that I couldn't' find answer to online that I will post in the appropriate section.

Happy summer everyone!

Cheers,
Kevin

HeHe my second fav... ;)

Welcome Kevin from the west side of TO.

Have you hit the show and shine at The Queensway & EastMall (Canadian Tire) on Saturday afternoons?

Hello bgbdlinc + 58chev

Wow, didn't know about the shows at canadiantire.

Maybe nextweek I will go.

Do you happen to have more information or website/facebook page?

Thanks so much!
Cheers,
Kevin

...I don't think that they have a web site but it's on every Saturday night. Cars start arriving around 4:00pm and it really gets rolling with the after dinner crowd. A bad night might have 200 cars and a good night maybe 800. There's a guy named 'Donny' that has beige and orange chopped Merc you should look at....

Last edited:
Okay, Thanks so much for the info...maybe 2morrow or next week I will swing by! Sounds like a really good time.

Hello clean8485!

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin,
If there is no threat of rain, there is a large turn out.
I posted some pics up in the event section from last weekend.

What part of TO you in?

Welcome Kevin from a little west of your favourite city.:p

Carl

Hey everyone,

Because of the rain today, does anyone know if the car get together at east mall rd and queensway is still on?

Will the rain stop people from coming?

Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Kevin

Welcome to the CR sandbox.

It's an infectious hobby and once you get it, no remedy for a cure, other than wrenching on a project...or two or three..

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin and I'm from your favourite city, Toronto! (just kiddin :) )

Since I saw a 1949 Merc lead sled a few weeks ago, I've been hooked.
My new life goal is to save up and one day get my own.

I have a few questions that I couldn't' find answer to online that I will post in the appropriate section.

Happy summer everyone!

Cheers,
Kevin

you can have this one for free:)

Giday Kevin, mate if you find any parts for the model car you want then pick them up, I know I built a Model A once and just started with a radiator, so once you start asking around it will surprise you who will come up with stuff to build a ride you want. Even that photo of the car upside down would be a good starting point, there is a chassis there and you could start cleaning that up and maybe do the drive train first, one thing at a time mate and you'll be done.

Good luck with the hunt of your desired car.

Hello

Hell John in Oz,

Thanks so much for the reply.

I think I found a 1950 mercury I want to fix up.

Now I just need to find a place to store it until I have the money to start working on it.

Thanks again for the advice!

Cheers mate,
Kevin H.

Just do the little things Kevin and it will come together, one thing at a time mate and you'll have er done sometime.

Looking for a garage that chops

Hey John in Oz,

Thanks for the advice!

I was wondering, does anyone know a garage that will chop these Mecurys?

I found a garage in California that does it. And they seem to want quite a bit.

Thanks so much everyone!

Cheers,
Kevin

Just get the thing on the road first Kevin and then later do the chop when you have got all the bugs out of the car if you are on a budget, life with these cars is just changing them all the time as you go if you have a keeper car.