New guy from Sask.

WARDA30

Hi to all. Have been hooked on cars since my first Model A coupe which I had as a teen back in 1963. Early Red Ram Hemi power, channelled, etc. Was a blast to drive! My current rides are a 1930 Ford Model A coupe streetrod also built in 1963. Driven till 1967 then stored for 41 yrs. Built by a friend . Got it in 2008. Also have a 1955 Chevy step side short box which I started in 1997. It is nearly finished. Will post some photos as soon as I figure out how to do that. May have to call my grandson to help me. Computer skills are Not my strong point so bear with me.

Hey Warda, thanks for joining up. Pretty goofy bunch on here willing to help and share ideas. Have fun.....

Welcome to the forum Ward from a fellow Saskatchewanite. What part of the province you in? You taking in the Draggins show this weekend?

Welcome aboard

Bash

Have been a Saskatoon resident for 50 plus years. Took in the Draggin"s show yesterday and as usual a good mix of things to see. May go back today for awhile. Enough of this weather already!!!!

Welcome WARDA30 you'll find posting pics not that difficult once you've master the art of photo posting from a host site, such as FB, photobucket, picasa, flickr or from your own personal website.

I was born in Sask. and lived in Saskatoon in my elementary years, King George Elem. on 25th St. & 5th Ave. ...
I used to pigeon hunt inside the 25th St. bridge ... crossed the river several times under the bridge on the arches ... mother would have killed me if she had know.

Last edited:
A couple nice rides there Warda, I think I have seen the truck around the streets but can't say I have seen the Model A? If summer ever comes I hope to see them on the streets this season.

Bash

Giday Ward and welcome here, mate I like those rides you have there, mind you I guess most rodders would. Join on in here and you'll get to meet some pretty good people.

Also an East Coast welcome from me, hope you enjoy the show. I worked out of Saskatoon for eleven years with a trucking company but only got to the Easter show once.

My current rides are a 1930 Ford Model A coupe streetrod also built in 1963. Driven till 1967 then stored for 41 yrs. Built by a friend.

Welcome to the group Ward. Looking forward to seeing pics of the 60's built A. My friend also build a '30 A rumble seat coupe in 1963 with a 324 Olds and '52 Olds Hydramatic and rear end. Had lots of good times in that car. He drove it from Vancouver to Montreal Expo 67 and back and sold it about 1970. Haven't seen it since. My current project '48 Chev came to me from Clavet.

Cheers, John

Welcome Warda30 , you probably walked past me at Draggins, I had the light amethyst 49 Chev 5window with the diesel in it .

Hey, I remember that lil' A with a Red Ram! Saw you beat a 390 from a light on 22nd Street by the A&W, maybe 1964? I have had a few Red Rams since then, love 'em! Got any pics of the A? IIRC, it was yellow.....