Australia garage tours and more !!

PG409

Supporting Member
Our sincere thanks to Ozziebob (Bob and Naome) in Yeppoon, and Rusty Olds (Gary) and JohninOz (John and Jan) for their unbelievable hospitality when we
did our down under trip. They all went out of their way to make us feel at home.
Rusty Olds (Gary) brought his 20 ft boat from Toowoomba (2 hrs west of Brisbane)
to take us on a tour of Surfer's Paradise and JohninOz had a bunch of rodders over for brekky last sat as well as some neato shed tours.
Here are the Pics.

First batch are from a Glass Manufacturer in Brisbane. The quality of the glass cars was the best I have ever seen.

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

Last edited:
One more from the glass shop

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Saturday we went to a buddy of John's in the Gold Coast area for brekky.
These are a few cars parked on his lawn.

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

I forgot, that we went to the Eliminators club house on friday night for burgers.
Here are the photos from that deal.

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

On Sunday, John had a few buds over to his house for breakfast

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0657-1.jpg

Look at this photo closely. There ARE fenders there, they just have tread pattern (by photo transfer) on them

IMG_0655-1.jpg

IMG_0653-1.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0646-1.jpg

IMG_0643-1.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

John took us (in turn) for a ride in his BBC powered roadster.

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

Gary took us up the canals of Surfer's Paradise

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

Great stuff. Looks like you had a great holiday.
I'm certainly envious of those lucky folk who live on the Gold Coast.
Sort of reminds of the area in Florida I lived in ( Ft. Lauderdale ) back in the 70's with all it's waterways / canals, palm trees and sunshine.

Great shots of a great time with great folks......ya can't beat it !! That trip is on my bucket list !!

I'm sure that I speak for the others, it was our absolute pleasure. Ok so we have sent one Canuck home, who is next?

BY the way Keith I live 20 minutes west of "Toowoomba".

Good to see you made it home safe and sound Keith and Jeni, man the pleasure was all ours, that offer to come back yearly still stands you know.

That is a big trip heading home isn't it, you are almost flying from one side of the world to the other, long haul.

P.S. it wont be long mate and you'll be having weather like ours, :)

Last edited:
Some of the best people I have met on this great forum are from down under.Thanks for posting pics Keith.:cool:

I'm sure that I speak for the others, it was our absolute pleasure. Ok so we have sent one Canuck home, who is next?

BY the way Keith I live 20 minutes west of "Toowoomba".

Thanks, Gary......I will also change the spellling in my original post....
I think I combined the first half with the last half kinda like a local BC native
village.....

Keith:

Sounds like you had a great trip to Oz as we did last March. Those guys are great hosts and treat their guests like long lost friends. Looks like we both covered some of the same ground while there. I think I recognize Wally and Michael Deskin's C and W Components shop and I know you visited Dennis and Lynn Campbell in Tweed Heads. We stayed with them for a few days and were also treated to an inpromptu car show on their lawn. Count on John and Jan Taylor to ensure that you are well immersed in Australian Hot Rod Culture if you are anywhere near Brisbane.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks, Gary......I will also change the spellling in my original post....
I think I combined the first half with the last half kinda like a local BC native
village.....

No problem, glad to have you visit us Keith, you and Jeni are welcome to come back anytime.