Stolen car from Ajax area

Posted on another board . someone said they seen it posted the night before for sale , guy said he found it on some property he bought. probably the rightful owner took it back or its Ajax's version of scrap wars . would be interesting to see if buddy has a ownership.

I never understand this.

A car goes missing. The 'owner' posts a missing ad asking for help locating said missing car. The 'owner' only provides one or two crappy photos showing the car from a poor angle and provides little or no information that will help with identifying the car.

You get out what you put in. This applies to all aspects of life.

I never understand this.

A car goes missing. The 'owner' posts a missing ad asking for help locating said missing car. The 'owner' only provides one or two crappy photos showing the car from a poor angle and provides little or no information that will help with identifying the car.

You get out what you put in. This applies to all aspects of life.

I've often thought the same thing. It's like when people try selling their cars on Kijiji. They post some of the worst pictures of the car. Like 2 inches of dust on the dash and bits and pieces of their double chocolate doughnut on the carpet. Makes you wonder how serious they are about selling the car.

I've often thought the same thing. It's like when people try selling their cars on Kijiji. They post some of the worst pictures of the car. Like 2 inches of dust on the dash and bits and pieces of their double chocolate doughnut on the carpet. Makes you wonder how serious they are about selling the car.

Or, and one of my favourites on Kijiji... "pictures to come".

What the heck? Why not just hold off posting the ad until you have pictures? The 3 sentences you posted aren't going to generate any pre-picture interest, so what's the point.

Or, and one of my favourites on Kijiji... "pictures to come".

What the heck? Why not just hold off posting the ad until you have pictures? The 3 sentences you posted aren't going to generate any pre-picture interest, so what's the point.

Yeah that's a good one too.

Saw several cars on Kijiji tonight taken during winter. 5 feet of snow on the ground. Saw another where the car is parked on a slush and salty road. Why not take another picture during "summer conditions" and post that instead. Sure would look a lot better.:mad:

Yeah that's a good one too.

Saw several cars on Kijiji tonight taken during winter. 5 feet of snow on the ground. Saw another where the car is parked on a slush and salty road. Why not take another picture during "summer conditions" and post that instead. Sure would look a lot better.:mad:

If it's summer and I saw a snow photo, I'd wonder what's wrong with it .. why hasn't it sold yet.
Or how about clicking on photo for a larger view, and because the original photo was a postage stamp when posted, it's a postage stamp in the larger view.
Or the ones that don't know how to turn a photo, so they submit it either laying sideways or upside down.
Or the ones that submit a facsimile and don't mention that in the ad till you go look at it and it's not the vehicle that was posted.

The one that erks me is the caller who asks questions and the answer is already in the ad.
Even if I lose a potential buyer, I usually say, " did you take the time to read the ad, or just look at the pictures."
For instance ... I'm selling one piece American Racing Alloys with all the measurements they you would need to determine if they'd fit your vehicle,
and then the caller asks if they'd fit his car ... how the hell would I know if they fit your car ... I bought the wheels to get the tires, so what they fit I have clue..
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/bridgewater/american-racing-estrella-alloy-wheels-no-tires/1000081692?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Last edited:
If it's summer and I saw a snow photo, I'd wonder what's wrong with it .. why hasn't it sold yet.
Or how about clicking on photo for a larger view, and because the original photo was a postage stamp when posted, it's a postage stamp in the larger view.
Or the ones that don't know how to turn a photo, so they submit it either laying sideways or upside down.
Or the ones that submit a facsimile and don't mention that in the ad till you go look at it and it's not the vehicle that was posted.

The one that erks me is the caller who asks questions and the answer is already in the ad.
Even if I lose a potential buyer, I usually say, " did you take the time to read the ad, or just look at the pictures."
For instance ... I'm selling one piece American Racing Alloys with all the measurements they you would need to determine if they'd fit your vehicle,
and then the caller asks if they'd fit his car ... how the hell would I know if they fit your car ... I bought the wheels to get the tires, so what they fit I have clue..
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/bridgewater/american-racing-estrella-alloy-wheels-no-tires/1000081692?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I'm advertising a Mercedes on Kijiji for a buddy of mine. He's not too good with computers. So this is about the 3rd attempt at trying to sell the car. He's gone from $3000 to $800. The car is in great shape and I know he paid something like $2000 for the car a couple years ago and dumped a sh-t load of money into it.

When I posted the ad, I made it VERY CLEAR. Do not respond to this ad. I can not answer your questions. It is not my car. I don't care if it ever sells. Please contact the owner at the following number.

Guess what. I get a dozen responses a week from the same idiots asking whether I'd take less for the car. I don't respond. I even have one guy willing to tow it away for $500.