Dave Pierson

al37ford

Supporting Member
For those of you out of the mainland loop, Dave Pearson succumbed to cancer yesterday after a long battle. I met Dave at the Super Freeze '60/'61? along with a bunch of other car guys that were regulars Ed Ma, Bill Tr, Warren G, Norm G and others that were all 2/3 yrs older than me but Dave made me feel welcome. Stayed in touch after I moved around & even had a coffee with the back alley boys on occasion. Great guy who will be missed.

Last edited:
Dave has been very active in the hot rod world since forever! Yakima, Montana runs, Pleasanton, Puyallap on & on with his current '38 Chev 2dr, burgundy colour as was his '53 Plymouth in the old days. Some one out there must have something to ad?

Al....I do remember Dave well. We belonged to the Westrods of New Westminster in the 50's/early 60's. His friend Ken Botten is a current BCHRA guy and belonged to the Westrods as well at the time.
His ride then was a very low 50 Plymouth/dodge 2 door which was burgundy or dark colour of some sort. I last met him at the Canadian Rodder tour 2010 at the Old Car Centre BBQ. He had a 1939 Chev 2 Door as I recall.
Worked in the automobile industry in parts and sales for decades. Owned an auto parts store at one time in the 70's and 80's and resided in Burnaby. He delighted in telling me he had never been north of Cache Creek.........lol

Another good guy gone. RIP

I never knew him to talk to, but I do him by his car.
And yes, I remember the car at a lot of runs like Yakima.
He often ran with another guy with a Chevy that looked a lot like his.
Sorry to hear of another regular passing on.

Dave's celebration of life will be on July 17th @ 1pm at the operating engineers hall on Ledger St, Burnaby. I'd expect a lot full of rods/customs etal but they have room as my wife used to work there. Good guy... will be sorely missed but this scene is getting all too familiar as we age.