51 HJ home

henrys57wagon

Here is a link to the pictures of the car from the add, it has been garaged in TO since the fellow's uncle I bought it from stopped driving in 1970.

We disconnected all the wires at the starter and removed the coil and installed a 12V coil and fed starter fluid to the carb and it fired up after sitting for 42 yrs. Play time now, still debating which car to complete. Ross took a phone video of it running which I will post. Henry

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=419832200

Trying to fit the 80 Buick turbo V6, steering box in the way. Frame off with lots of damage. I am taking the frame from the 53.
407485069.jpg

Now that the air has cleared we can get back to my build. Not much happening, moved the 57 wagon to the front bay and got the HJ body up on the hoist to hopefully get the engine/ trany install finished.

Is there a way to add pictures from my computer directly? I am using a photo site to post pic's here now, but I would like to save some steps. Thanks, Henry. Merry Christmas

EDITED:

Is there a way to add pictures from my computer directly? I am using a photo site to post pic's here now, but I would like to save some steps. Thanks, Henry. Merry Christmas

Unfortunate as it is, nope, no way to post a photo directly from computer to this site.

One must use a photo sharing site such as Flicker, Photobucket or some other lesser known ones.

Mocking up the 80 Buick turbo V6 on the 51 frame. Still have to decide what to do about the upper shock mounts that are torn through.
407485069.jpg

Mocking up the brake system onto the firewall, all freebee parts. Started to cut up the 1/8 steel plate to strengthen the firewall on the outside.
409704602.jpg

409704603.jpg