Car Club Plaques

No, he'd starve feeding on gophers so I bet the plaque was being held by a Calgarian peering toward the border wishing he could go to Oklahoma or Texas.

I saw this plaque on the Canadian Rodders Facebook page and wondered if both of these plaques were for the same club on Vancouver Island ...

Injectors_None-2.jpg

This photo was sent to me by Myk Rock in 2009 ...

Injectors_None.jpg

Or could this also be for the same Injectors club?

InjectorsRC_None.jpg

Anyone know for sure?

thanks for the plug

its all coming back to me, i remade 10 of those sultans plaques for a fellow in woodlawn. i also had bill junge the guy who runs the relics and rods site at our shop and repoped a couple of his plaques " the high heat geezers" while he was there. the correct spelling is achinback by the way and thanks.
sultansrepop.jpg
billsplaq.jpg
Foundry work, it gets in your blood doesn't it - I just retired from a foundry career on Tuesday, am going to miss the sights and sounds.

Made just a few plaques over the years, but mostly Aluminum perm mold auto and heavy truck parts.

I have a small foundry set up I got out of a High school from when they taught practical things and hope to make some valve covers with a Bricklin logo because that would be hard and time consuming....

My wife makes rubber stamps so she can make a photopolymer pattern for me. She has the same issue with people wanting stamps made from someone else's copyright artwork

Foundry work, it gets in your blood doesn't it - I just retired from a foundry career on Tuesday, am going to miss the sights and sounds.

Made just a few plaques over the years, but mostly Aluminum perm mold auto and heavy truck parts.

I have a small foundry set up I got out of a High school from when they taught practical things and hope to make some valve covers with a Bricklin logo because that would be hard and time consuming....

My wife makes rubber stamps so she can make a photopolymer pattern for me. She has the same issue with people wanting stamps made from someone else's copyright artwork
Foundry work most certainly does get into your blood..and lungs..lol..worked in a foundry for 24 years until they closed it down then went and worked in permicasting aluminum parts. …until they closed that down…also learned it in high school…never really missed the sounds or sights or smells…just the guys you work with…but I got over that after a few days of been free…..ha.

Someone sent me a photo of this plaque for my website and wondered if I knew anything about this Edmonton club. I don't but thought I'd post the photo here in case one of you Canadians may have info about it.

MaraudersCC_Edmonton.jpg

The URL to other Edmonton clubs is ...

Edmonton Car Clubs

Last edited:
This week, I received a note and photo of this plaque ...

IgnitorsRC_None.jpg

He said he purchased the plaque years ago near Niagara Falls when he was living in Ontario.

Anyone know if this club was based in Canada, or somewhere in the US?

Not the same club as the plaque, as the spelling is different. But there are lots of Ignitors clubs I'm sure.

Interesting trivia from the Nov 2012 BCHRA newsletter re the Burnaby Igniters.

"Next up was something totally un-expected, as 7 current BCHRA members, stood in front of the meeting to tell of their days asmembers of the Dragons and the Igniters car clubs. Terry Rea (BCHRA # 185 & ex-Dragon), took the microphone, and called onfellow ex-Dragons Glen Morrow (BCHRA #28),… Al Nyberg (#32),… Dan Maxwell (#24), …Ron Latham (#215),…Ivan Moldowan (#591) ex-Igniter,…fellow ex-Igniter, Bill Murray (#689). Terry started this part of the meeting by showing off a special crest of the Norburn Auto Safety club which was started in 1951 by Ron Latham. They used to have their meetings at the cop shop in North Burnaby. From that club came the Dragons and the Igniters, which turned out to be the ground work for the formation of the BCHRA which started in 1957. Terry also told of a semi-famousclub member…Vancouver DJ Red Robinson, who was a member of the Igniters car club. Red had just bought a 1958 Ford Rag top,but didn’t have a driver’s license...Terry drove it to the club house, which was in an alley just off Hastings Street in Vancouver, and the club members taught Red how to drive in that back alley…and Terry still has a photo of that day to prove where Red learned todrive. "

Ken-skit-ignitors.jpg

Last edited:
I've had this plaque on the Toronto page on my website for awhile but am unsure of the club's name. I see Erobi-Cams but it could also be Ecobi-Cams. Someone told me the correct name of the club was Etobi-Cams from Etobicoke, ON and the Olde English "t" had a defect and looks like an "r".

Can anyone confirm the correct name and location of this club?

Erobi-CamsRK_Toronto.jpg