Car Club Plaques

Ignitors

Interesting pics I am interested in the 28 |Roadster P/U with 30/31 front fenders might be my old P/U does any body know if George Mackie is around Red Deer I think he moved there from Kelowna a few years back drove a maroon 46-48 Ford sedan? I would like to contact him.
fergie

If anyone has one of the Igniters (or any other Red Deer area club) plaques they're interested in perhaps selling, please let me know.

(Looking in your direction, Butch... ;) )

Someone recently sent me a photo of this plaque .....

LeBarons_Lethbridge.jpg

I wonder if it's really a club because the plaque looks a lot like this one .....

LeBarons_LosAngeles.jpg

Does anyone know for sure?
That will definitely be a topic of discussion at our next LeBarons club meeting next month. It looks like the one from down south copied our plaque, and put their name on it. LeBarons has been around since 1961. Thanks for posting this.

I can't find anything on google about any LeBarons club in Los Angeles, I imagine it has been photoshopped. The plaques are pretty much identical except for the city name.

Last edited:
That will definitely be a topic of discussion at our next LeBarons club meeting next month. It looks like the one from down south copied our plaque, and put their name on it. LeBarons has been around since 1961. Thanks for posting this.

I can't find anything on google about any LeBarons club in Los Angeles, I imagine it has been photoshopped. The plaques are pretty much identical except for the city name.

The person who sent me the photo said he bought the LA plaque on eBay so it's not a photoshopped photo. I think there may be several people selling stuff like this on eBay.

Our website has several examples of plaques that have been modified from the original towards the bottom of this page .....

hey is there usually a specific size car plaques are ?

There is no "standard" size for plaques. Most of the ones I would see in California in the 50's were around 5" x 8" or 5" x 9-1/2" (I don't know the metric numbers). I've also see some 5" x 10" and 6" x 12" and some smaller than 5" x 8".

We try-ed to copy theres but the paper kept burning. Sneaky Newfs Must of registered it.

Nah..we took the red XXX's out and he's traveling the other way now, was getting hot so we needed windows and A/C

Working class: If you get a chance to see one of those plaques check out the back side. I wrote a story in Canadian Hot Rods a while ago about the Tecumseh Push Rods and shortly afterwards I was contacted by Dennis O'Brian wanting to know if anyone here wanted to buy some repros of their plaque. He buys a lot of old core boxes or patterns or whatever they're called and runs a batch if he gets enough orders. He does put his logo on the back of the repops though. With permission from as many original Push Rod members, I went ahead and ordered 20 repops. Most went to old club members and the rest went to trusted friends who promised not to hang them on their rides. Maybe someone has the patterns for the ones you're talking about.