Car Club Plaques

Geez, I thought I had one that wouldn't be on there; WRONG AGAIN!!!
Blockbusters Rod and Custom, Scarboro Ontario.

Here is one we are reviving from Ottawa, Sultans. I found one of the original members and he gave us some cards. He now has some new plaques along with his old plaque. I started out with an old plaque that I found in one of my brothers cars in the late 50's- early 60's and put it on the car.Pete saw it and followed us to Tim's after the Hazeldeen carshow a couple of years ago and things started from there. The new ones were made by Akinback in BC.
292619259.jpg

thanks for the plug

its all coming back to me, i remade 10 of those sultans plaques for a fellow in woodlawn. i also had bill junge the guy who runs the relics and rods site at our shop and repoped a couple of his plaques " the high heat geezers" while he was there. the correct spelling is achinback by the way and thanks.
sultansrepop.jpg
billsplaq.jpg

Bill Junge, there's a familar name from Havasu Arizona.
Here's his '51 Stude mordoor.

bills51.jpg

its all coming back to me, i remade 10 of those sultans plaques for a fellow in woodlawn. i also had bill junge the guy who runs the relics and rods site at our shop and repoped a couple of his plaques " the high heat geezers" while he was there. the correct spelling is achinback by the way and thanks.
sultansrepop.jpg
billsplaq.jpg

WTF!!!??? Zat U?

i also had bill junge the guy who runs the relics and rods site at our shop and repoped a couple of his plaques " the high heat geezers" while he was there.

the correct spelling is achinback by the way and thanks.

and the correct spelling is Dry Heat Geezers .....

DryHeatGeezers_LakeHavasuCity.jpg

Merry Christmas to all my friends from North of the Border. :)

Last edited:
I would love to know how The COACHMEN OTTAWA PLAQUE got out as I had the only one to remain from the original club president all the rest were returned to him and thrown out in the 60s. I was talked into repoping a few just for 12 GOOD FRIENDS about 17 years ago now I see them in every collection. I got so pissed that I stopped using mine and will never repop another for friend or foe.

I would love to know how The COACHMEN OTTAWA PLAQUE got out as I had the only one to remain from the original club president all the rest were returned to him and thrown out in the 60s. I was talked into repoping a few just for 12 GOOD FRIENDS about 17 years ago now I see them in every collection. I got so pissed that I stopped using mine and will never repop another for friend or foe.

I don't understand the passion here. Please don't misunderstand, I'm not trying to push any buttons or be out of line but do you feel the same way about reproduced parts that we build our cars with or reproductions like the the "new metal 32 Fords" and the rest of the new metal car bodies that are available now?

I had a vary good older genital man give me his plaque that meant allot to him and was not given to me lightly. He Questioned me over a 2 year time frame then gave me his prized plaque from a club 6 guys from Ottawa started in 1956 all plaques were accounted for according to him. The one he gave me was the only one that survived according to the old club rules. How others got out no one knows unless the original makers sold them or the repop new ones were made with out permission. All in all it does not matter any more but never again will I break a my word for other so called friends. I understand some dont understand where I am coming from thats ok. As for repop products all need to have permission by the original builder before they are sold to the general public Ford G.M. or Chrysler all have sued companies that repop products using there names. Me its just a matter of old fashion respect and when giving ones word that should be enough. I asked permission to the original owner if I could reproduce a small few for local car guys to hang on there cars. Some one some where does not have the same morals that I hold myself to and that made me very disappointed in a small group of people I thought were friends. I cant blame anyone but myself for what happened but if the same thing ever happened again there would only be one.

I strive to make my words match my actions even if it costs me money at times but I'd rather be honourable with less money than to lie or cheat so it dissapoints me when people can't be trusted. People try to "cheat" me in business at times even with signed contracts :( i guess they operate by a different set of standards.
Thanks for the clarification.
Merry Christmas

Sorry Bill, i should know better having had one in my hand. Merry Christmas. Gord. As for the Coachman plaque, it all goes back to ethics. If a person asks me to repop a plaque and I know the club is still active I will get them to get me permission to make a copy but on the other hand if a person comes in and asks to repop a plaque he has in his hand I have to assume he has permission to do so otherwise he wouldn't have one to copy in the first place. It happens all the time and not just with car plaques, fishing lures and weight molds are bad too.

I have no idea how they got out but now that they have it really does not matter. I have no hard feelings as they started to show up around the same time I first had the original one repoped 15 or so years ago to late now to do much about it. The funny thing about this is I painted the original red it was the only red one to ever exist and every pic of the plaque I have seen since has been red.;)

Club Plaques

I have no idea how they got out but now that they have it really does not matter. I have no hard feelings as they started to show up around the same time I first had the original one repoped 15 or so years ago to late now to do much about it. The funny thing about this is I painted the original red it was the only red one to ever exist and every pic of the plaque I have seen since has been red.;)

The good side to all these repros showing up is that the clubs name will go on long after it's demise.Instead of just another club,it will become part of hot rodding legend.

Here's some info for you guys talking about the Coachmen of Ottawa.

Coachmen_Ottawa.jpg

Back in October of 2003, a guy was selling over 400 car club plaques on eBay. I contacted him to get permission to use his photos and the only thing I had to do was put the "Courtesy of" under the photo. In all, I added 378 of Bob Van Gilder's plaque photos.

Now for a question. I was contacted by someone looking for info about this Ontario club .....

RoadRunners_Dryden.jpg

Not sure if Dryden is near Ottawa or if anyone on here knows anyone associated with this club. If so, E-mail me your name and address and I'll try to put them in touch with you. My E-mail address is clubplaques@frontier.com.

The Canadians have started arriving here in Arizona. Regular visitor Phil Smith from Alberta has been here a month and soon Dave Ryan from Nova Scotia will be here. Yesterday (New Year's Eve) I went to Wienerschnitzel and there must have been 40 or 50 cars there. I met a new rodder from Winnipeg and this week will meet another new rodder from BC. I'm planning a garage tour in late January so if you'd like to attend, come on down.

Happy New Year!

beer.gif

Last edited: