Rating Builds

shopdawg

Imo - I think rating a build is BS. Seems more of a popularity contest. If a person takes the time to post pictures and progress of a build why do a bunch of wannabee's get to vote whether it is up to their standards. Back to lurking, building hot rods, traveling to events, visiting with like minded friends and living the dream.

yup

at car events or on the road I'm not interested in being judged, in fact I take great exception to it. I just don't care what anyone thinks of my car. It's about making me happy and no more. Regards AL C

at car events or on the road I'm not interested in being judged, in fact I take great exception to it. I just don't care what anyone thinks of my car. It's about making me happy and no more. Regards AL C

Yuppers. I usually take off before all that BS starts and then the whining the usually follows. One time I didn't get out fast enough. Oops, actually twice.

I think the post refers to the Canadian rodder build thread section and ratings given there for effort.
I just rated Shopdawg's build thread. Well done job........

Imo - I think rating a build is BS. Seems more of a popularity contest. If a person takes the time to post pictures and progress of a build why do a bunch of wannabee's get to vote whether it is up to their standards. Back to lurking, building hot rods, traveling to events, visiting with like minded friends and living the dream.

What happened Greg? Care to elaborate.

So where's this rating thing you're talking about.
If you're referring to some CR members as wannabe's, I don't think there's many wanna's here, most, if not all of us, are be's.

Sure hope you continue to post on your build Greg! You have so many cool ideas and lots to share, a true hot rodder for sure!

So where's this rating thing you're talking about.
If you're referring to some CR members as wannabe's, I don't think there's many wanna's here, most, if not all of us, are be's.

When a person is logged in and opens a thread, a "rate thread" box appears in the right upper corner of each thread masthead.
Click on the triangle, Five selections pop up, click on one then click on "vote".

I guess there are some wannabe's as you must be a CR member and be logged in to use this function.

As to its purpose, don't know why its there.

Last edited:
Please keep posting Greg, I want to see how the camper comes out!

I didn't know about the rating thing until this thread either, but agree with you. Just ignore it like any other anonymous internet stuff.

Thanks .. I found it.
Seems rather silly .. so far every one either has 5 stars or none at all.

Hmmm, didn't know about that either. Who cares, just ignore it and carry on.

Carl

Until you mentioned it, I never noticed it either. I guess after all those pop up advertisements, counters, and such you just ignore a lot of stuff...

Russ

We should ask Frank to remove that feature, that way no one is offended, etc.....

Not looking for a gold star. Don't think it's necessary. It's like a large club or group taking home all the prizes. EG- went to a small S&S and a 2013 Camaro took home best of show when the cut off was 1971 because the Camaro club had about 11 cars out of 85 cars. Or the guys that put on the show both win. Again not necessary. I packed up most of the dust collectors (trophies) I had received and gave them to the boys and girls club for their field day.