...Waaa....Waaa....Waaa....Heh....Heh....Heh

bgbdlinc

....waaa...

....waaa...

....waaa...sniff, sniff....long may you run, little fellow....goodbye...

....Heh...

....Heh...

....Heh...Heh...Heh........have I got plans for you....

'36 Slant Back ... sweet
I'll be watching.

I often wondered what they did with the luggage back then ?
No luggage carrier, or external trunk, the spare tire was mounted on the back.

Last edited:
Well, well....

Make sure you do a build thread on that sweet thing.

It will be a nice cruiser for two, with room.

A double Congrats! :D :D
Now for a new build to watch, please keep us updated...might as well start with sharing the plans? I'm betting you have already nailed down a crate 350 and an automatic with the racey black nascar trim package .....hehe.
Thanks for the tease David.
Watching...
Greg

Hey Dave,
Looks like a good start for the next ride.

Did ya sell your head gear and goggles with the roadster? ;)

I often wondered what they did with the luggage back then ?
No luggage carrier, or external trunk, the spare tire was mounted on the back.

Accessory luggage racks and trunks were the answer. People would also tie the suitcases to the running board on one side. Probably why coupes were so popular if you didn't have to travel with the whole fam-damilly.

Picture of an accessory trunk

Last edited:
Well good for you David, you've had your fun with that little roadster so now it is someone else's turn, The 35/6 will be a fun build for you and parts should be a bit easier to find than they were for the Linc.

Stick a Windsor in there mate, maybe just get a damaged newer model car and use all the running gear out of that.

Hey thanks for the interest guys..... . I've tried 6 times to respond with each quote but the formatting is blown to Hell....makes it tough...

Bullet: the car is actually a '35 Slant -I didn't know the difference until I started reading about them. 1935 was a transitional year between '34 and '36 which makes it even harder to find some parts but I have my devious ways to use other stuff....hahaha
Re: lack of trunk. I think people that wanted a secure baggage area probably bought a humpback rather than a Slant....

1Bad: ....room for two. In that respect, I suppose it should be my better half, however, I'm convinced she is a witch because every time we have gone out in my cars, something breaks and she is not impressed and lays on another curse....

CDNflat: I thought about that in the middle of the night and woke up with night terrors...the joke may be on me.....

Bash: I thought I knew what I wanted. Now I'm just getting whacked with all kinds of other ideas. Knowing me, I'll go round and round, get dizzy and fall down in a heap and end up back where I started....so many possibilities -so little time....

58chev: Goggles -when I wear goggles, I look like 'Bubbles' in the Trailer Park Boys but I have retired my funny hats temporarily.....

Roadstermen=Tough as fucking nails...hahaha....you gotta get it, to get it....

GFaRT: bang on with the history....the pic, not so much -hurts my brain with all the scrolling.....hahaha

55: Gone to a good home in Parry Sound...

J in O/Bullet: Not bad suggestions -Ford in a Ford etc and I like them both but just don't have them at hand. I have to economize on the drivetrain for long distance reliability and a 'someday' engine swap...my '58 Olds 371 may come in handy then (but not now)....

I've only just come to realize that as much as I love the drive in these things and 'spreading the hot rod/kustom car gospel' at cruises, etc, I really miss the challenges of a built, the research, weighing options, making decisions, hunting for parts, backtracking, making mistakes, finding a 'look', and so on.
Eventually something comes out of this mental warfare that looks cool (to me)and is what I can live with (for while anyway)...

OK now ya gone and done it ... now I have to go research the differences in those years.
Actually ... I find that kind of fun.

Last edited:
Speaking of BUBBLES ...... standing in the Halifax Stanfield Airport waiting for a flight to come in and I hear this voice right next to me I recognize ... I turn to look, and it's Mr. Layhee .... too funny.
I've yet to make it down to BUBBLES' Bar in Halifax.

One of the trunk manufacturer's was Potter Mfg, Jackson, MI

If you google "Potter Mfg, Jackson, MI" you will find some info. They made trunks for a variety of cars, mostly universal models, but they also made some that were form fitted to the back of the body like for model 40 Fords. Apparently they were a Ford authorized accessory and would be dealer installed. There are also likely other brands as well.

Cheers, John

Holy Jeeze. I drop out of the loop for a month or two and you go shaking everything up.

No more roadster? No more Olds engine swap? What are you doing my man. Looks like we're going to have to grab lunch and a beer so I can set you straight again! :D

So tell me... plans?

...if I tell you....I'll have to kill you but not until I buy dinner and beer like I promised....ha
....call it 'The Last Supper'....hahaha