How do you start an engine without egnition?

Martin

Here's the scoop
Hoping to get the Suburban back tomorrow with the new exhaust system fitted and I'm just dying to know what it will sound like.
Trouble is that there is no ignition system though there is the remains of the wiring loom coming off of the engine (80 Camaro) that was cut at the firewall.

Question is how do I rig up the electrics to start the motor and keep it running for a while.
I have no fuses or anything like that, no ignition switch either.
Any ideas or pointers in the right direction much appreciated.

sbc is about the easyest to do, one wire from the batt. to distr. where the battery and tach plug is then jump the starter to the batt.i had a simple switch inlne to cut the power to the distr to shut it off:)

Ok got it.
Finally found it on youtube from an ozzy bloke.

Wire from dizzy to neg on coil.
Block earth cable to battery earth.
Wire from coil positive to battery positive.
Touch cable from positive on starter motor to positive on battery till engine starts.
Remove positive coil wire from battery to stop engine.

Simples now I look at it:D

I made my own switch for my truck so that I could crank the engine from under the hood, but mine hooks up to the factory Ford starter relay. I included a toggle switch with fuse block so I can turn the unit on and off, and used a momentary switch to energize the starter via the relay. Toggle switch energizes (or de-energizes) the coil, momentary switch cranks the starter.

Similar concept to what you found, Martin, only without the direct connection from battery to starter.