Some like it hot???

licensed to kill

Supporting Member
Got an engine showing a few anomalies. First, (365 Caddy) idling in the yard, cylinders 1-3-4-5-6-7 are running at 80 degrees on the exhaust manifold and cylinders 2-8 are at 200 degrees. Thoughts? Also, the tail pipes are emitting an unusual amount of water, about 1 litre per side while it warms up. I know condensation is normal but this seems excessive. Both pipes emit equal amounts.

I guess depending on how long it's been sitting will account for the amount of condensation first emitted from the pipes, my SBC was the same way when I first fired it up..
Is the engine one of those that can run on 4 - 6 - 8 cylinders depending on it's demand, wondering if that would mean anything.
Does it run smooth even so.

It's not a 4-6-8, it's carburated and runs like crap right now. The carb needs an overhaul, the mixture screws have zero effect when adjusted. I thought perhaps intake gasket leak at 2 and 8 causing those cylinders to run lean but the engine pulls decent steady vacuum.

Warm it up and pull the spark plugs to check their colors. (white, black, brown, tan, or washed)

Russ